July 6, 200719 yr What is this "Starship" you speak of? That band with Grace Slick and Paul Kantner disbanded many years ago.
July 6, 200719 yr Got this from the very reliable Wikipedia: Slick left Starship (and the music business) in 1988 at age 48. During a 1998 interview with VH1 on a Behind the Music documentary featuring Jefferson Airplane, Slick stated that the main reason she retired from the music business was that "all rock-and-rollers over the age of 50 look stupid and should retire." After her own retirement, she turned her attention to painting. She has done many renditions of her fellow '60s musicians such as Janis Joplin and Jerry Garcia plus others. In 2000, she began displaying and selling her artwork. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Slick It couldn't be the same without Grace Slick, imo.
July 7, 200719 yr Author What is this "Starship" you speak of? That band with Grace Slick and Paul Kantner disbanded many years ago. Starship wasn't disbanded. Jefferson Starship was.
July 8, 200719 yr Starship wasn't disbanded. Jefferson Starship was. Starship never happened as far as I'm concerned. Jefferson Starship barely happened. Both were examples of skeletons of a once great band trying to milk past glory for all it was worth.
July 8, 200719 yr Author Starship never happened as far as I'm concerned. Jefferson Starship barely happened. Both were examples of skeletons of a once great band trying to milk past glory for all it was worth. I'll sleep better knowing your true feelings on Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Starship. Thanks for the heads up, now I know that the Starship ovenmitts I had picked out for you for Christmas probably won't be the big hit I was expecting.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.