Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

? for Cinci/N Ky area dwellers

Featured Replies

Going to King's Island for a few days. I haven't been to KI in 4-5 years. Anybody got recommendations for a good restaurant in the KI area? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

 

 

P.S. I don't consider O'Charleys, Applebees, Barf Barrel and others of that genre to be in the running.:cool:

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going to King's Island for a few days. I haven't been to KI in 4-5 years. Anybody got recommendations for a good restaurant in the KI area? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

 

 

P.S. I don't consider O'Charleys, Applebees, Barf Barrel and others of that genre to be in the running.:cool:

 

I don't think there's much in the KI area other than fast food and maybe those you mention.

 

Where are you staying?

  • Author
I don't think there's much in the KI area other than fast food and maybe those you mention.

 

Where are you staying?

 

3 or 4 miles down 71 toward town. Silver Streaker suggested the Levee (which I am very familiar with:D) might be a good area to consider.

3 or 4 miles down 71 toward town. Silver Streaker suggested the Levee (which I am very familiar with:D) might be a good area to consider.

You'll be to close to my place. Stay north... :D

  • Author
You'll be to close to my place. Stay north... :D

 

Keep in mind I'll probably have Stella Artois, Smithwick's, and Newcastle on my person.:p

 

For clarification, are you near the Levee or did you mean the place we're staying?

Keep in mind I'll probably have Stella Artois, Smithwick's, and Newcastle on my person.:p

 

For clarification, are you near the Levee or did you mean the place we're staying?

I'm 2 blocks from the Levee...

  • Author
I'm 2 blocks from the Levee...

 

You may find this disturbing, but I am in your neighborhood quite often it turns out.:D

Keep in mind I'll probably have Stella Artois, Smithwick's, and Newcastle on my person.:p

 

For clarification, are you near the Levee or did you mean the place we're staying?

 

Now that is a good beer.

 

I was just up at KI for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately had to spend most of my time in the Nickelodeon area.

 

I know that there is a Jeff Ruby restaurant on Montgomery Road not too far from there. I think you can take exit 15 off of 71 head east on Pfieffer and it will put you on Montgomery pretty close to it.

 

Otherwise, even though you probably won't find what you are looking for, there are a ton or restaurants just a couple miles south of KI, at the Mason / Montgomery / Fields Ertel exit on 71. Should find all of the standard casual dining joints. Or you can take 275 over to 75 and go North about 1 exit to Union Center Blvd. and there are serveral restaurants there also. I really like Raffertys but you may not consider that much of an upgrade from O'Chucks.

 

As far as the Levee, I really like Claddagh (sp?) Irish Pub, the fish and chips are great. And I think it may no longer exist, but I had a pretty good time at Fat Fish Blue. Ruby has a place there, and I've never been there but I have read on here from several that the German place across from the Levee is pretty good. The Montgomery Inn is worth a try to.

There isn't much up in the Mason area other then your Applebee's bar/grill. I would go downtown... The Precinct is the best in Cincy in my opinion... Montgomery Inn on the river (next door to the Reds stadium is really good too). Of course if you want the true Queen City experience.. go to any Skyline or Goldstar!

Now that is a good beer.

 

I was just up at KI for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately had to spend most of my time in the Nickelodeon area.

 

I know that there is a Jeff Ruby restaurant on Montgomery Road not too far from there. I think you can take exit 15 off of 71 head east on Pfieffer and it will put you on Montgomery pretty close to it.

 

Otherwise, even though you probably won't find what you are looking for, there are a ton or restaurants just a couple miles south of KI, at the Mason / Montgomery / Fields Ertel exit on 71. Should find all of the standard casual dining joints. Or you can take 275 over to 75 and go North about 1 exit to Union Center Blvd. and there are serveral restaurants there also. I really like Raffertys but you may not consider that much of an upgrade from O'Chucks.

 

As far as the Levee, I really like Claddagh (sp?) Irish Pub, the fish and chips are great. And I think it may no longer exist, but I had a pretty good time at Fat Fish Blue. Ruby has a place there, and I've never been there but I have read on here from several that the German place across from the Levee is pretty good. The Montgomery Inn is worth a try to.

 

 

Ruby's resturant is called Carlos and Johnny's and yes it is excellant but very pricey. However on the same road (Montgomery) just before you get to Carlos and Johnny's you will pass a Montgomery Inn for the best ribs in town. The Levee is about 30 to 45 minutes from Kings Island. If you go south on 71 and take the Kenwood exit you will see the Kenwood mall on the right and they have a Cheese Cake Factory plus another really good Italian restaurant. I don't think Kenwood is more than 15 Min. from Kings Island.

Not sure about restaurants but I went to KI the other day and Firehawk is well worth the wait. :thumb:

  • Author

Thanks to all. I have many choices to ponder.:thumb:

Thanks to all. I have many choices to ponder.:thumb:

I "think" they still have a restaurant right in Kings Island. It might be pricey though -- if it's still there, that is. :cool:

I "think" they still have a restaurant right in Kings Island. It might be pricey though -- if it's still there, that is. :cool:

 

Inside of Kings Island you have the over priced cafe's everywhere. Decent pizza though. Favorite food at KI is the funnel cake. Do try.

 

Wasn't KI purchased by the Cedar Point people this year? If so, KI has a bright future. Already a solid park.

I know it's hard for me to pass on the $5 slices of LaRosa's everytime I visit KI.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.