Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bands You Just Don't Dislike

Featured Replies

Who are the bands and artists that just can't be put down. Who are the artists/band's you have to be deaf to not like?

 

At the same time, feel free to argue against a band's/artist's place on this list.

 

I'll go ahead and get this one out of the way:

 

Led Zeppelin - Even if it isn't your style, you've got to appreciate the collective work of Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and the late, great John Bonham.

  • Replies 165
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prejudice as I am everyone has to love Bruce whether its his voice or the songs he writes for other artists. He touches your soul and sounds out what its like to grow up in a middle class lifestyle where there is no rich or poor or black or white there is just each other

The Eagles - The all-American band. They cross a lot of different genres, and do them all well. :ylsuper:

  • Author

I can't argue with any so far!

I can't argue with any so far!

 

I feel no obligation to like the Eagles ...

  • Author
I feel no obligation to like the Eagles ...

 

Well, let's hear it...why don't you like them?

Well, let's hear it...why don't you like them?

 

Ummm ... I just think they suck. Mostly because I find Don Henley to be insufferable. There were a handful of tunes that I don't mind, but I can do without the whole package.

Maybe the Eagles were ahead of their time (although that is arguable), but the bands that have come after them have improved on their style. Their music does not excite me at all.

For the last 7 years or so I have a hard time taking Jack Johnson out of the CD player. Enjoying Brushfire Fairytales today...

Allison Krauss & Union Station

Maybe the Eagles were ahead of their time (although that is arguable), but the bands that have come after them have improved on their style. Their music does not excite me at all.

 

They were not even close to ahead of their time. More like they ripped off a whole bunch of others before them who should've benefited from the Eagles' popularity.

I feel no obligation to like the Eagles ...

That's because they are actually GOOD! :ylsuper: :cool:

They were not even close to ahead of their time. More like they ripped off a whole bunch of others before them who should've benefited from the Eagles' popularity.

Totally off-base! Don't let a bias toward obscure, little heard of bands cloud your judgment. The Eagles are one of the greatest American bands of all time. They defined a sound, and wrote some amazing songs. Not a bad one in the bunch! :ylsuper:

Well, let's hear it...why don't you like them?

Because you've heard of them.

 

It's not cool to like bands other people have heard of.:sssh: ;)

Pink Floyd is my first pick, sheer musical genius. Very thought provoking lyrics, unadulterated exceptional talent that is second to none, maybe equal in talent to Zep.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.