Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Bud Mackey Back in Play for UK?

Featured Replies

He attended the UK Elite camp. He's being pursued much harder by BCG than OTS did.

 

If you're 98NCC and of his ilk, do you count this guy as signed, sealed, and delivered to Bloomington?

I didn't think Gillispie would pursue someone who had already committed...

I didn't think Gillispie would pursue someone who had already committed...
And, uh, why not?
I didn't think Gillispie would pursue someone who had already committed...

 

 

The guy is shrewd...c'mon.

 

I did talk to someone yesterday who said that Mackey might be wavering a bit...

I didn't think Gillispie would pursue someone who had already committed...

 

 

He's just a verbal so far. I don't think there's a coach out there that doesn't still pursue a top prospect that hasn't signed yet.

He's just a verbal so far. I don't think there's a coach out there that doesn't still pursue a top prospect that hasn't signed yet.

 

:thumb:

 

Plus, as we have learned, verbals mean less and less each year. Although, I do see Mackey staying.

I didn't think Gillispie would pursue someone who had already committed...

He is pursuing Mackey...

He is pursuing Mackey...

 

;)

 

 

...

;)

 

 

...

Not sure what led you to believe that. He's the type of coach that will exhaust every option until a kid is signed on the dotted line. That's the name of the game these days...

If your comparing this to the Jordan situation, it's much different. Jordan had signed plus BCG has used A&M resources to recruit him there.

So any truth to Mackey wavering on his verbal at all?

So any truth to Mackey wavering on his verbal at all?

 

 

I don't hear a lot of things when it comes to recruiting, but I've heard he is...

UK only has 2 open scholorships for 08, right? They will be in good shape regarding guards, they need help and most importantly depth inside. BCG has already offered guards Rontei Clarke and Courtney Fortson (and maybe more) for 08.

 

I have seen Mackey play many times and he is very good, but would have been the 3rd best guard on his team this year if Rodney Haddix had played IMO........

UK only has 2 open scholorships for 08, right? They will be in good shape regarding guards, they need help and most importantly depth inside. BCG has already offered guards Rontei Clarke and Courtney Fortson (and maybe more) for 08.

 

I have seen Mackey play many times and he is very good, but would have been the 3rd best guard on his team this year if Rodney Haddix had played IMO........

 

Kentucky has 3 scholarships right now for 08. And if they need to get another one things usually work themselves out. Mackey is a very nice player, no doubt about that.

Hey he is ranked 35th in Rivals and 44th in Scout.com (which has them ahead of Clarke and Fortson). Also he is an instate kid who can play. End of story as far as debating if they are good enough or not.

^I never said he wasn't good enough, in fact I said he is "very good".

 

Point is, Mackey fills the same role as Porter, Meeks, Legion, and possibly Jasper. UK needs size and a pure point guard for 08.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.