Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Bud Mackey Back in Play for UK?

Featured Replies

He attended the UK Elite camp. He's being pursued much harder by BCG than OTS did.

 

If you're 98NCC and of his ilk, do you count this guy as signed, sealed, and delivered to Bloomington?

I'm not worried.

Sounds like the only reason Mackey verbaled so early is because Tubby wasn't showing him any interest. Probably had a 2 star recruit in Iceland he was busy looking at.

I say he signs the LOI with IU.

 

I'm not sure why UK would go after him. He's a very good player, but he plays the same position as Meeks and Legion. I just don't see the need for him at this point.

This is the only quote I could find, but it's why I'm not worried.

 

Mackey and five Scott County teammates will also compete soon in a team camp that is part of the University of Kentucky series of camps in Lexington. Johnson was pretty clear that Indiana fans should have nothing to fear about that news.

 

"That is just something for them to play against good competition from around the country," said Johnson. "He is definitely solid with his (Indiana) commitment."

 

Johnson added that the coaching change in Lexington has not caused the Mackey camp to think twice about last fall's decision to become a Hoosier.

 

"They didn't make any coaching change at Indiana," said Johnson, "so there is no change in the commitment."

^I never said he wasn't good enough, in fact I said he is "very good".

 

Point is, Mackey fills the same role as Porter, Meeks, Legion, and possibly Jasper. UK needs size and a pure point guard for 08.....

 

 

Good point Nature Boy... I feel the same way. Mackey at times was brilliant but is too skinny and UK needs a strong point guard who deals and has a good handle. Mackey is a scorer and has Tayshaun Prince attributes.

Kentucky has 3 scholarships right now for 08.

 

Are we sure about this?

 

We lost Morris, Woo, Perry, Thomas.

 

We got Stewart, Williams, Patterson, Legion.

 

Anything beyond two next year requires some rearranging unless I'm missing something. Those options get smaller if BCG gets another scholly open this year.

Are we sure about this?

 

We lost Morris, Woo, Perry, Thomas.

 

We got Stewart, Williams, Patterson, Legion.

 

Anything beyond two next year requires some rearranging unless I'm missing something. Those options get smaller if BCG gets another scholly open this year.

 

Scholarship players right now for 08-09 are:

 

Meeks

Jasper

Porter

Stevenson

Carter

Williams

Harris

Patterson

Legion

Stewart

 

 

We did not have all 13 spots filled the previous year. This leaves 3 spots remaining.

Scholarship players right now for 08-09 are:

 

Meeks

Jasper

Porter

Stevenson

Carter

Williams

Harris

Patterson

Legion

Stewart

 

 

We did not have all 13 spots filled the previous year. This leaves 3 spots remaining.

 

gotcha.. I had forgotten we had an extra.

The word here in Scott Co is Bud doesn't have the ACT scores right now to attend IU or anywhere for that matter.

^ He can always come to Morehead. We take anyone and everyone!

The word here in Scott Co is Bud doesn't have the ACT scores right now to attend IU or anywhere for that matter.

As is the case with a lot of the 08 class...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.