Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sources: Billy Donovan to be banned from coaching NBA

Featured Replies

And now we know the delay on letting him out. I didn't think there could be a monetary penalty, and this is pretty harsh...

  • Author

Maybe they are just trying to cover his contract with Florida even though the extension they had planned on was around 7 years. Still harsh IMO.

And now we know the delay on letting him out. I didn't think there could be a monetary penalty, and this is pretty harsh...

 

You can be harsh when you have the hammer known as leverage.

  • Author

^ That is true. I mean if Billy D wants to he could reisgn and incur a penalty. But he doesn't want to do that.

I think it is good that the NBA is stepping in. I think they want this resolved quickly and efficiently so as not to take away from the finals. They should think about a rule much like the NFL in hiring after the SB. but not during SB week.

If he goes back, then I don't think he will ever think about the NBA again.

On one hand, it could be the best thing to happen to him. Takes care of 90% of the negative recruiting he would face going forward.

What's interesting as both sides seem to have moved on with their counsel.

Could Jeremy Foley be guilty of tampering in a legal sense?

Donovan signed his deal on Friday...correct?

Over the weekend he and Foley have a little pillow talk about coming back.

Donovan is property of the Magic...is Foley guilty of tampering, because all we are getting now out of the Florida camp is no comment. Has too much been said already?

It may have something to do with what is in that fine print at the back of the contract.

I think we could add this as one of the short tenures for coaches.

Im hearing the reason Donovan is having trouble agreeing to the terms to be let go is that he may be interested in the Heat job, when Riley steps down. I am glad we go the other Billy! Donovan is high maintenance and doesn't have a clue what he wants.

What's interesting as both sides seem to have moved on with their counsel.

Could Jeremy Foley be guilty of tampering in a legal sense?

Donovan signed his deal on Friday...correct?

Over the weekend he and Foley have a little pillow talk about coming back.

Donovan is property of the Magic...is Foley guilty of tampering, because all we are getting now out of the Florida camp is no comment. Has too much been said already?

It may have something to do with what is in that fine print at the back of the contract.

 

I think tampering is only between NBA teams.

What's interesting as both sides seem to have moved on with their counsel.

Could Jeremy Foley be guilty of tampering in a legal sense?

Donovan signed his deal on Friday...correct?

Over the weekend he and Foley have a little pillow talk about coming back.

Donovan is property of the Magic...is Foley guilty of tampering, because all we are getting now out of the Florida camp is no comment. Has too much been said already?

It may have something to do with what is in that fine print at the back of the contract.

Tampering with what. The contract was already signed. No story here.

 

There is nothing harsh about this, so called, ban, either. He had to sign a 5 year non-compete. Big Woops! It's standard for most contracts in other businesses. If the Magic wanted to be harsh, they'd hold him to the deal. If it is a typical contract, it would have cost him a percentage of that $27 million (which he did not have yet) to get out of it. Now that would have been harsh.

 

For the record I am the farthest thing you can find from a University of Florida fan. However, the bottom line is there is no upside for Orlando to force Billy to keep his end of the contract. Why have a coach that does not really want to coach for you, and why beat up a guy that is beloved by a large majority of your fan base. What Orlando is doing (working this out) is good business.

Im hearing the reason Donovan is having trouble agreeing to the terms to be let go is that he may be interested in the Heat job, when Riley steps down. I am glad we go the other Billy! Donovan is high maintenance and doesn't have a clue what he wants.

 

Funny....I actually heard the same thing earlier today. I personally doubt there is any truth to it, but I've heard it as well.

If he tried to get out because he wants to go to the Heat soon, that is a complete joke! I hope that isn't true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.