June 5, 200719 yr Author Wouldn't we already know that Grant declined UF? Not in my scenario. Move the time line given to the media so that Grant and Foley met while Foley was in Virginia. Grant says no, and that triggers the chain of events we have seen. No need to let that out of the bag as it could hurt both parties involved...
June 5, 200719 yr Not in my scenario. ... But don't we have someone who would have known before the media?
June 5, 200719 yr Author But don't we have someone who would have known before the media? No. Hasn't been able to get in touch with JB...
June 5, 200719 yr The whole Grant wavering has been out there for a few days and there was a report on one of the Florida sites that Grant may not be so gung-ho about stepping into the Florida situation. Grant's recruiting pitch was to make VCU the "Gonzaga of the east". I think BD got cold feet once he signed with the Magic and came back for his final presser at UF. Kind of like a kid going away to college and then returning home and then gets a little nervous because the family will be away from him...homesick so to speak. I think this has happened before with him. I think he got cold feet with UK, mainly because of his wife and family...and I think he got it with the Magic. His dailliance with the Grizzlies almost seems to think he was looking to possibly leave Florida. Obviously, it is not money cause the Magic is throwing a lot at him.
June 5, 200719 yr I just think it's weird how you can leave sign a contract and say never mind and your still on the previous team.
June 5, 200719 yr I just think it's weird how you can leave sign a contract and say never mind and your still on the previous team. Supply and demand.
June 5, 200719 yr The whole Grant wavering has been out there for a few days and there was a report on one of the Florida sites that Grant may not be so gung-ho about stepping into the Florida situation.And you heard it here first. Grant's recruiting pitch was to make VCU the "Gonzaga of the east".Do you get all your info from GT's radio show from 3 months ago?
June 5, 200719 yr And you heard it here first. Do you get all your info from GT's radio show from 3 months ago? Nope I got it from a high school coach back in November, after he (Grant) visited with a prospect. Sorry, but you arent the only one with links to VCU. Lastly, what station is GT's radio show on?
June 5, 200719 yr I'm not goning to even try to figure out what was going through his mind, but the one thing we can all agree on is that this situation has just been handled poorly by all parties involved. Amen to that, brother!! :thumb:
June 5, 200719 yr What is Grant's salary? What would he have stood to make at Florida?Grant's base at VCU is $275,000. He made about $80,000 more in bonuses due to national TV games, tournament wins and having the win over an ACC team.
June 6, 200719 yr Grant's base at VCU is $275,000. He made about $80,000 more in bonuses due to national TV games, tournament wins and having the win over an ACC team. He probably didn't go hungry then. I'm guessing if he would have taken the Florida job he would have been between $1.5 and $2M w/ all of his camps and appearances? I think it would have been tough to turn down, but that's just me.
June 6, 200719 yr Lastly, what station is GT's radio show on? I think he is referring to this: http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?p=2249976#post2249976 I don't his radio show has started yet on 96.5.
June 6, 200719 yr Author I think he is referring to this: http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?p=2249976#post2249976 I don't his radio show has started yet on 96.5. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.