Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What If...

Featured Replies

Just a thought from one of the guys on my TV show tonight. What if Grant saying no to Foley started Billy D back to UF? It was known that Grant wasn't sure about things and searched out some advice on following something like 2 national titles.

 

Just a thought on trying to figure what the hell went on to get here...

I'm not goning to even try to figure out what was going through his mind, but the one thing we can all agree on is that this situation has just been handled poorly by all parties involved.

  • Author
I'm not goning to even try to figure out what was going through his mind, but the one thing we can all agree on is that this situation has just been handled poorly by all parties involved.

I don't know if we can say that without knowing how it went down. This was a theory that made a lot of sense...

I don't know if we can say that without knowing how it went down. This was a theory that made a lot of sense...

 

So if this theory would be correct, Foley tried to convince Billy D. to come back?

  • Author
So if this theory would be correct, Foley tried to convince Billy D. to come back?

Billy D felt compelled to come back because the continuity would be gone (in theory of course)...

  • Author

I would pay pretty good cash for a transcript of the two hour phone conversation between Grant and Tubby... :D

I would pay pretty good cash for a transcript of the two hour phone conversation between Grand and Tubby... :D

 

Grand and Tubby??:confused:

  • Author
Grand and Tubby??:confused:

Simple typo. Geez... :irked: :lol:

Simple typo. Geez... :irked: :lol:

 

:lol:I knew you meant Grant, I just never knew Tubby and Grant had a phone call....

  • Author
I just never knew Tubby and Grant had a phone call....

After Grant met with his staff last Thursday he called Tubby and they talked for 2 hours. He wanted to know about following Pitino. That's a big part of what makes me interested in this scenario.

 

As I get closer and closer to the game I have learned that media time lines are way out of whack in coaching changes and searches. It makes me think there was a meeting with Foley and Grant in Virginia and not the "Billy D called before they met" that the media has reported...

I doubt we will ever know what happened from Thursday untill yesterday, but as good as it sounds GT, I doubt Grant would have had doubts about leaving VCU for Florida. I do understand Grant could not fill Billy D's shoes even if he slid both feet into one, however, the chance to move up the coaching ladder (firstually first rung to the main top) is just something not to pass up. Grant was an assistant there, and loved it there, I doubt him backing out due to the pressure faced had anything to do with the debacle now unfolding. Dont get me wrong, I understand what your saying and I always value your opinions. But I doubt Grant wants to stay at VCU too much longer, and the Florida job would have been a dream come true almost, but you never know. That is just my opinion on the take, and like said, I still highly value yours, as always.

I doubt Grant would have had doubts about leaving VCU for Florida.
He did. He Very much did. :thumb:
Grand and Tubby??:confused:

I knew that this whole mess was Tubby's fault!! :lol: :lol:

 

Now the people in Florida can blame Tubby - LOL.

Wouldn't we already know that Grant declined UF?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.