Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What current MLB players are a lock for the HOF?

Featured Replies

  • Author
I highlighted the ones, I think other than who has been mentioned. Some very good names but I don't see, the ones I made "Red", making the HOF.

 

I dunno, I think Smoltz would make the HOF. Maybe not frst ballot but definitely make it I think. 200 wins 154 saves.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno, I think Smoltz would make the HOF. Maybe not frst ballot but definitely make it I think. 200 wins 154 saves.
You very well may be right, he was next on my list. I like Smoltz as a starter, extremely competitive and excellent stuff. I think the move, to a closer, will hurt his chances, as the voters don't give a lot of votes to relievers/closers, in recent time.

 

He'll have to get near 240 or so, I think and not sure, if he can continue that long.

You very well may be right, he was next on my list. I like Smoltz as a starter, extremely competitive and excellent stuff. I think the move, to a closer, will hurt his chances, .

 

I would go the opposite way. I think voters will reward him for being dominant in both roles.

You very well may be right, he was next on my list. I like Smoltz as a starter, extremely competitive and excellent stuff. I think the move, to a closer, will hurt his chances, as the voters don't give a lot of votes to relievers/closers, in recent time.

 

He'll have to get near 240 or so, I think and not sure, if he can continue that long.

 

He's gonna end up with more than 3,000 Ks, and I think most observers would recognize him as one of the best in the game during his time, especially in light of the injury that cost him a season and sent him to the 'pen, where he was pretty dominant as well.

 

He gets my vote, anyway.

He's gonna end up with more than 3,000 Ks, and I think most observers would recognize him as one of the best in the game during his time, especially in light of the injury that cost him a season and sent him to the 'pen, where he was pretty dominant as well.

 

He gets my vote, anyway.

 

So he has that going for him...:D

I would go the opposite way. I think voters will reward him for being dominant in both roles.
He has 200 wins and 139 loses, with 7-10+ loosing seasons.

 

He had two exceptional years, 24 wins and 17 wins, but other than that, not the numbers one would expect, from a team who's dominated their Division.

 

I like him, his FB and curve, are dominating at times but his record, is what it is, for a guy who's been around this long.

So he has that going for him...:D

 

Hey, if I ever get my career together, it could be a plus! :D

If Frank Thomas doesn't make the HOF within 8 years of retirement than I'll pay for a trip to Cooperstown for Strike3, Cshs81, and LRCW. There is NO chance he doesn't make the HOF.

 

No chance. Like it or not, the Big Hurt is a HOF'er...maybe sneaks in first ballot.

If Frank Thomas doesn't make the HOF within 8 years of retirement than I'll pay for a trip to Cooperstown for Strike3, Cshs81, and LRCW. There is NO chance he doesn't make the HOF.

 

No chance. Like it or not, the Big Hurt is a HOF'er...maybe sneaks in first ballot.

"Big Hurt", is in his 7th straight year, of hitting in .200's and I believe, is just barely hanging on right now, in the MLB.

 

His BA, is over .300 because of two blistering years, in mid 90's. Yes, he's a prolific HR hitter, with 493 and yes, he's near 2,300 hits and what, about 1,600 RBI....but he's viewed about the same, as Kent, Bonds and a few others.

 

I'm not sure, if the voters would send him in or packing but I do agree, his numbers merit, serious consideration. Not sure, he's "lock" material but I've been wrong before.

"Big Hurt", is in his 7th straight year, of hitting in .200's and I believe, is just barely hanging on right now, in the MLB.

 

His BA, is over .300 because of two blistering years, in mid 90's. Yes, he's a prolific HR hitter, with 493 and yes, he's near 2,300 hits and what, about 1,600 RBI....but he's viewed about the same, as Kent, Bonds and a few others.

 

Come on Strike3, you're better than that. His career average is over .300 (with over 7,500 AB's) because of two seasons? He hit .308 or better for 7 straight years. Included in those were .353, .349, and .347. Wow.

 

His career OBP is an eye-popping .423. Think about that for a minute. He is going to retire with a career avg. over (or around) .300, and OBP well over .400, and over 500 home runs. If he isn't an HOF'er than I'm a monkey's uncle.

 

If we're going to start whispering about every player from the 90's, when nothing was banned, were going to drive ourselves crazy with conspiracy theories.

Come on Strike3, you're better than that. His career average is over .300 (with over 7,500 AB's) because of two seasons? He hit .308 or better for 7 straight years. Included in those were .353, .349, and .347. Wow.

 

His career OBP is an eye-popping .423. Think about that for a minute. He is going to retire with a career avg. over (or around) .300, and OBP well over .400, and over 500 home runs. If he isn't an HOF'er than I'm a monkey's uncle.

 

If we're going to start whispering about every player from the 90's, when nothing was banned, were going to drive ourselves crazy with conspiracy theories.

No idea, where you're getting this "banned" stuff, as that is not what I'm alluding to but his clubhouse demeanor and how he's perceived, by his teammates....selfish. Just because I mentioned Bonds, I didn't intend to draw a connection, on enhancements.

 

I'm talking about Thomas, who has good numbers but not always liked, by the writers/voters, who elect him. I have no vote and if I did, he would merit consideration, like I mentioned. Is he a lock....I don't think so.

 

So he's had 7 good years, 7 bad years and a bunch of "tweeners"....He's also hanging on, trying to increase those numbers and it's not working.

He's also hanging on, trying to increase those numbers and it's not working.

 

Last year he hit .270, OBP of .381, 39 homers and 114 RBI. That is some kind of hanging on. And, not to mention, "it's working."

 

2004 and 2005 he had some injuries, but in 2003 he hit 42 homers, had 105 RBI, and was on base at a .390 clip. Again...not bad.

 

He has definitely battled the injury bug the last few years, but so has Junior, and no one is suggesting it has cost him an automatic HOF bid.

 

I'm shocked that you would have an issue with Thomas...I really am.

If Frank Thomas doesn't make the HOF within 8 years of retirement than I'll pay for a trip to Cooperstown for Strike3, Cshs81, and LRCW. .

 

Sounds like an awesome trip!

Last year he hit .270, OBP of .381, 39 homers and 114 RBI. That is some kind of hanging on. And, not to mention, "it's working."

 

2004 and 2005 he had some injuries, but in 2003 he hit 42 homers, had 105 RBI, and was on base at a .390 clip. Again...not bad.

 

He has definitely battled the injury bug the last few years, but so has Junior, and no one is suggesting it has cost him an automatic HOF bid.

 

I'm shocked that you would have an issue with Thomas...I really am.

You're reaching for more, but the cubbard is empty....I was simply stating, about being a lock and that he's not warmly welcomed, by the HOF selection voters, the writers. He's been non interview friendly, had issues off the field and they seem, to hold these grudges.

 

As for me, NO....I don't think he's a lock but has numbers, worthy of serious consideration, as I stated previously. His OBP% is solid, but his BB's totals, have elevated that and most of his career.

 

Plus, is this the first time I've shocked you.....His career, reminds me somewhat and I say, somewhat of George Foster. Hit for power, RBI's and K's some but his two big years, near .350 have elevated his batting average.

Off the top of my head....

 

Ken Griffey Jr.

Frank Thomas

Barry Bonds

Jim Thome

Gary Sheffield

Manny Ramirez

Alex Rodriguez

Ivan Rodriguez

Craig Biggio

Derek Jeter

Roger Clemens

John Smoltz

Tom Glavine

Greg Maddux

Pedro Martinez

Trevor Hoffman

Mariano Rivera

Albert Pujols

Ichiro

Sammy Sosa

Valdimir Guerrero

Randy Johnson

Curt Schilling

Chipper Jones

Miguel Cabrara (if he keeps it up)

David Wright (see above)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.