Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU State Tournament

Featured Replies

I was there and saw the official score book after the game. The next highest scorer to Watts in this game was #0, who had 11 points. The number of points an individual has is irrelevant when you lose by 29.

 

Oh, so you can't have a good game if you lose? McCreary had no chance to win this game unless they went 20-20 from the arc. That's like saying Kobe Bryant scoring 50+ points and losing the game is irrelevant.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so you can't have a good game if you lose? That is completely moronic. McCreary had no chance to win this game unless they went 20-20 from the arc. You have no idea how to judge talent. That's like saying Kobe Bryant scoring 50+ points and losing the game is irrelevant. You're completely lost.

 

Did they really lose by 29 points? If so, the performance of Watts is really meaningless.

Did they really lose by 29 points? If so, the performance of Watts is really meaningless.

 

I could understand if it was 29 points and McCreary had a sliver of a chance, but the Patriots are one of the best 15U AAU teams in America. McCreary's team consist of 8 (maybe 9) players solely from this county - which isn't a hot bed for players. Maybe the 29 points is misleading, but it isn't like Watts racked up those points at the end of the game.

I could understand if it was 29 points and McCreary had a sliver of a chance, but the Patriots are one of the best 15U AAU teams in America. McCreary's team consist of 8 (maybe 9) players solely from this county - which isn't a hot bed for players. Maybe the 29 points is misleading, but it isn't like Watts racked up those points at the end of the game.

 

Aaron Watts is a good player and a good kid. He has a bright future ahead of him.

 

There are some good right-ups about the AAU State Tournament on:

 

http://www.catspause.com

http://www.kentuckysportsradio.com

 

Dakotah Euton and Chad Jackson from Rose Hill Christian are being looked at by UK.

Oh, so you can't have a good game if you lose? McCreary had no chance to win this game unless they went 20-20 from the arc. That's like saying Kobe Bryant scoring 50+ points and losing the game is irrelevant.

 

Hardly a comparison. 11 points is not bad but nothing to brag about. Allen Iverson scores lots of points, but how many championships has he won on his college and 2 pro teams so far? A 9th grader scoring 11 points in a losing effort is nothing like an NBA player scoring 50+ and losing.

Did they really lose by 29 points? If so, the performance of Watts is really meaningless.

 

Actually, it was 31 points.

I could understand if it was 29 points and McCreary had a sliver of a chance, but the Patriots are one of the best 15U AAU teams in America. McCreary's team consist of 8 (maybe 9) players solely from this county - which isn't a hot bed for players. Maybe the 29 points is misleading, but it isn't like Watts racked up those points at the end of the game.

 

The Shining Stars gave the Patriots a good game. That team consists of players from Northern KY.

I attended the AAU state tourney at the KBA this weekend and watched the semifinals but was unable to watch the finals.

 

What I saw was a great performance from quite a few players...Arrez Henderson was everywhere both offensively and defensively. He is one of the most underrated players in the state...He's not on the same level as Miller, Mackey, and Hopson but he is right behind them (height hurts him a little...but he makes up for it in other ways). I

I liked a Matt something from Ashland...I thought he was a very strong and talented player. He needs to work on being that player the whole game but he does have the talent.

Was not impressed with Clark Stepp what so ever...totally overrated b/c he has a very unorthodox shot that he rarely makes and dribbles the ball entirely too much. I can see where he would be good in the mountains though...I was more impressed with Landon Sloan than Stepp.

I saw two hardnosed players in Nathan Novosel and Cameron Hundley who seem to do the things that no one else wants to do...they also score well Novosel has very good feet and hands in the post. Hundley is improving his perimeter ball handling skills and is starting to knock down jumpers.

 

I like the Elliot County guards including the twins and Maynard. They have a deadly backcourt...if they can find a post that can alleviate some of the pressure they will be a tought team to beat. The twins are very charismatic and I really enjoy watching them and wanting them to do well.

 

Montgomery County has a center that has a lot of upside. He seems to run well, have good hands, and finish well. If he works on his post moves and using both hands he will be a force.

 

These are all just my opinions...please add or reply to these comments.

 

I agree. I had been pretty high on Slone, but after seeing him a couple times this weekend I was dissapointed with his performance. I really thought he was quicker than he showed this weekend.

I agree. I had been pretty high on Slone, but after seeing him a couple times this weekend I was dissapointed with his performance. I really thought he was quicker than he showed this weekend.

I thought Slone played very solid this weekend, he is playing on a team of good players, so it is harder to stand out sometimes, but his defense is very solid, he showed a lot of explosiveness to the basket, and his ball handling was solid and his rebounding, He is a hard nosed kid that always gives great effort. He is going to get some d-1 offers

Team Elliott made it to final four of 16u. Lost to Ky Thorobred's by 3. They had eight player's from their school team, one was an eighth grader to be,and one soph to be. IMO that was pretty impressive. Also IMO Ferguson and Faulkner's way under-rated!!!!!!!!

Team Elliott made it to final four of 16u. Lost to Ky Thorobred's by 3. They had eight player's from their school team, one was an eighth grader to be,and one soph to be. IMO that was pretty impressive. Also IMO Ferguson and Faulkner's way under-rated!!!!!!!!

Gotta agree with you, very impressive performance by Team Elliot:thumb:

They have established themselves as the team to beat next year in the 16th

I'm going to predict the Cubster starts them out as his pre-season #1

Gotta agree with you, very impressive performance by Team Elliot:thumb:

They have established themselves as the team to beat next year in the 16th

I'm going to predict the Cubster starts them out as his pre-season #1

he will probably be the only one!!!

he will probably be the only one!!!

Nah, I'm gonna give the Cubster the inside scoop!

Hardly a comparison. 11 points is not bad but nothing to brag about. Allen Iverson scores lots of points, but how many championships has he won on his college and 2 pro teams so far? A 9th grader scoring 11 points in a losing effort is nothing like an NBA player scoring 50+ and losing.

 

Eleven points? You're contradicting yourself. Watts didn't score just "eleven points," so you've got me completely lost. You already said that the next highest scorer to Watts was #0 with 11 points.. So which is it, Watts or #0?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.