May 17, 200719 yr Carter is VERY slow of foot. You can teach an athletic kid basketball skills, but you can't make an unathletic kid athletic.
May 17, 200719 yr Carter is VERY slow of foot. You can teach an athletic kid basketball skills, but you can't make an unathletic kid athletic. He is at least as fast as Hibbert from G-town........
May 17, 200719 yr Hibbert is more athletic than you think, I can still see him against NC catching the ball at the elbow, driving with a spin and finish. If he comes close to Hibbert's ability in the next three years then we will be very fortunate but he's hard to guage at this point since we really don't know what he's capable of doing.
May 17, 200719 yr Hibbert is more athletic than you think, I can still see him against NC catching the ball at the elbow, driving with a spin and finish. If he comes close to Hibbert's ability in the next three years then we will be very fortunate but he's hard to guage at this point since we really don't know what he's capable of doing. If he amounts to half of the quality player that Hibbert was at G-town I will be thrilled!!!
May 17, 200719 yr You cant blame Tubby for recruiting him. He was an instate 7 footer with an offer from UNC. That being said I think he is better than Woo and Shagari and will contribute. It will just take some time for him to develop. Remember he has surgery and has missed a lot of valuable time to train and get better.
May 17, 200719 yr Carter is VERY slow of foot. You can teach an athletic kid basketball skills, but you can't make an unathletic kid athletic. You cant teach a 6'2 guy to be over seven foot either, dont mean with hard work and the right coaching they cant become a player though.
May 17, 200719 yr If he would have got to stay in the game more than 2 minutes at a time he might have improved some.He really hasn't had a chance yet.
May 19, 200719 yr Reminds me of another KY player, the legendary Mike Scott of Greenup Co. and Wake Forest fame.
May 19, 200719 yr I think Carter will turn out to be a good player. I like his work ethics and desire to play. Carter will get a lot better because of his work ethics.
May 19, 200719 yr Imo hes going to be alot better, never going to be a star or anything like that but will contribute more than people think.
May 19, 200719 yr Imo hes going to be alot better, never going to be a star or anything like that but will contribute more than people think. Thats where I was going with it. He will be able to contribute, but I dont think he will ever be great.
May 19, 200719 yr Jared Carter is slower than Atari..HAHAHA How long did it take you to think that one up?
May 19, 200719 yr I hope Carter improves because we couldn't really use some solid play out of him this season. After that it probably becomes a moot point because we should recruit superior talent.
May 19, 200719 yr How long did it take you to think that one up? Apparently you don't get it, it came off a video! A parody to this is why I'm hot.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.