Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jared Carter

Featured Replies

Did he get his medical redshirt? I have heard both things. It will make a big difference whether or not he is a JR or SO...

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, he did.

  • Author

Is that a good or a bad thing? I think it is a little of both. Its good because I think he has a chance to contribute but its bad because it takes up a scholarship we would have open for '09...

There is a chance that he has improved and could be a contributor, a very SMALL chance. The scholly is more valuable than he ever will be!

There is a chance that he has improved and could be a contributor, a very SMALL chance. The scholly is more valuable than he ever will be!
Ouch.
Ouch.

 

Truth hurts! He wasn't even the best player on his high school team! Another of Tubby's great recruiting jobs!:thumb:

Truth hurts! He wasn't even the best player on his high school team! Another of Tubby's great recruiting jobs!:thumb:

While I had the chance to compete against him a couple of times in high school I would have to agree with you. A very mediocre basketball player, BUT he is over 7 feet tall....

While I had the chance to compete against him a couple of times in high school I would have to agree with you. A very mediocre basketball player, BUT he is over 7 feet tall....

 

So was Shagari, and that played out real well for us....

We have tried, for the most part with few exceptions, to play tall "projects" that have never worked out for us. Morris had 2 talls behind him, but no one you could really depend on for a couple of quality minutes. Carter will be more of the same, I'm afraid. If BG can get another quality big for next (08-09) season, watch how fast Carter becomes an end-of-the-bench guy.

So was Shagari, and that played out real well for us....

We have tried, for the most part with few exceptions, to play tall "projects" that have never worked out for us. Morris had 2 talls behind him, but no one you could really depend on for a couple of quality minutes. Carter will be more of the same, I'm afraid. If BG can get another quality big for next (08-09) season, watch how fast Carter becomes an end-of-the-bench guy.

True, but when the "tall" project works out, you are in great, great shape. It's a risk worth taking in most cases.

I'm not saying it is not. I am saying we tried it too much and rarely got a good big out of it.

I'm not saying it is not. I am saying we tried it too much and rarely got a good big out of it.

 

I don't think the staff knew how to develop them when they got them. Hopefully this staff will do a better job of improving their players.

Only time will tell!!!

As Billy G. said the other day, the thing he likes about Jared is.....he wakes up every morning over 7 foot tall. I bet Tubby would still like to have him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.