Where does UK go from here?

IMOM

After yesterday's announcements, and tomorrow's anticipated announcement of Patterson to Florida, where does UK go from here? Gillispie has said he still needs to fill out the roster, so who does he turn to next, or does he just hold until '08? Lot of questions to be answered starting tomorrow afternoon.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After yesterday's announcements, and tomorrow's anticipated announcement of Patterson to Florida, where does UK go from here? Gillispie has said he still needs to fill out the roster, so who does he turn to next, or does he just hold until '08? Lot of questions to be answered starting tomorrow afternoon.
There's no one really left is there? How many open schollies do they have?

I assume three since they had offers out to Lucas, Patterson and Hamga.

There's no one really left is there? How many open schollies do they have?

I assume three since they had offers out to Lucas, Patterson and Hamga.

Actually I think they only have 2 left because Legion took one.

Either way, they would be wise IMO to wait for the 08 class. They seem to be in good with quite a few of the top guys.

At this point it's Patterson or wait for 08. While they are in on a lot of top guys, I'm not sold they are on solid ground with any of them yet. Willie Warren has cooled off. Singleton is now back tracking and saying UT is still in the lead. A long way to go before 08 is anything to get excited about...

I don't know what options that Gillispie has after Patterson. I do know that he (Billy G.) is a very good recruiter and I have confidence that he will do well. Imo the team coming back next season is far from a bad one like some may suggest. I do look for U.K. to draw in some major recruits in the next couple of years though. Like I have said before about Patterson, there is no doubt about his talent but I am not all that convinced on the kids attitude/character issues. I live fairly close to Huntington,W.Va and the kid has been reported in and out of school several times for "dicipline" problems. If we get him I hope that he works out. Imo he would be a 1 or 2 year player at the most.

Looks like Billy G is looking human and not a God, but this would have been big if he nailed this class with the lack of time he had. He will get a chance to show his worth with next season and his 08 recruiting class... :devil:

I'm not concerned. Crawford, Stevenson, Meeks, Bradley, Legion, etc. is not like starting out with Hansen, Farmer, Pelphrey and company. We play our game this year and go after the new Mashburn for the year after. It's been done before.

I'm not concerned. Crawford, Stevenson, Meeks, Bradley, Legion, etc. is not like starting out with Hansen, Farmer, Pelphrey and company. We play our game this year and go after the new Mashburn for the year after. It's been done before.

Nice post.