Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where does UK go from here?

Featured Replies

After yesterday's announcements, and tomorrow's anticipated announcement of Patterson to Florida, where does UK go from here? Gillispie has said he still needs to fill out the roster, so who does he turn to next, or does he just hold until '08? Lot of questions to be answered starting tomorrow afternoon.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless something drastic changes, I'd say the smart thing to do is to take your lumps next year, and make a huge effort at the likes of Monroe, Miller, Zeller, Jennings, Singleton, etc. from 08'...

After yesterday's announcements, and tomorrow's anticipated announcement of Patterson to Florida, where does UK go from here? Gillispie has said he still needs to fill out the roster, so who does he turn to next, or does he just hold until '08? Lot of questions to be answered starting tomorrow afternoon.
There's no one really left is there? How many open schollies do they have?

 

I assume three since they had offers out to Lucas, Patterson and Hamga.

There's no one really left is there? How many open schollies do they have?

 

I assume three since they had offers out to Lucas, Patterson and Hamga.

 

Actually I think they only have 2 left because Legion took one.

 

Either way, they would be wise IMO to wait for the 08 class. They seem to be in good with quite a few of the top guys.

At this point it's Patterson or wait for 08. While they are in on a lot of top guys, I'm not sold they are on solid ground with any of them yet. Willie Warren has cooled off. Singleton is now back tracking and saying UT is still in the lead. A long way to go before 08 is anything to get excited about...

After yesterday's announcements, and tomorrow's anticipated announcement of Patterson to Florida, where does UK go from here? Gillispie has said he still needs to fill out the roster, so who does he turn to next, or does he just hold until '08? Lot of questions to be answered starting tomorrow afternoon.

I don't know what options that Gillispie has after Patterson. I do know that he (Billy G.) is a very good recruiter and I have confidence that he will do well. Imo the team coming back next season is far from a bad one like some may suggest. I do look for U.K. to draw in some major recruits in the next couple of years though. Like I have said before about Patterson, there is no doubt about his talent but I am not all that convinced on the kids attitude/character issues. I live fairly close to Huntington,W.Va and the kid has been reported in and out of school several times for "dicipline" problems. If we get him I hope that he works out. Imo he would be a 1 or 2 year player at the most.

Looks like Billy G is looking human and not a God, but this would have been big if he nailed this class with the lack of time he had. He will get a chance to show his worth with next season and his 08 recruiting class... :devil:

  • Author

What about the junior college ranks? Billy G has used this route in the past. Is UK too big for JC players? :D

The JC talent was awful this year...

I'm not concerned. Crawford, Stevenson, Meeks, Bradley, Legion, etc. is not like starting out with Hansen, Farmer, Pelphrey and company. We play our game this year and go after the new Mashburn for the year after. It's been done before.

I'm not concerned. Crawford, Stevenson, Meeks, Bradley, Legion, etc. is not like starting out with Hansen, Farmer, Pelphrey and company. We play our game this year and go after the new Mashburn for the year after. It's been done before.

 

Nice post.

I guess either way we'll see if BCG really has it!!

If PP signs, then sign 3 next year. If he goes elsewhere, get everybody ready and sign a super class next year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.