May 4, 200719 yr It's becoming more evident that a long, versatile wing forward will be a priority for Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie in the Class of 2008. Chris Singleton The Wildcats have already targeted several highly-regarded players who fit that description in the junior class, including Canton (Ga.) Cherokee standout Chris Singleton. http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=670446
May 4, 200719 yr Author Singleton averaged 19 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, four blocked shots, and 2.5 steals a game as a Jr.
May 4, 200719 yr It would be nice to see us get a couple these elite players to commit early and not have us worried about the 08 class next May like we are with this class.
May 4, 200719 yr It would be nice to see us get a couple these elite players to commit early and not have us worried about the 08 class next May like we are with this class. With BillyG I don't see that being a problem.
May 4, 200719 yr But history and tradition don't matter anymore. :thumb: :thumb: Nah, means nothing. :lol:
May 4, 200719 yr But history and tradition don't matter anymore. I just now read this and that's the first thing I thought of too...kids today don't care anything about tradition. How many times did we all see that from the UK-haters on here...:thumb:
May 4, 200719 yr But history and tradition don't matter anymore.:sssh: ;)Don't get the basher started. They only want to believe in the time frame they see fit for their purposes when it comes to UK.
May 4, 200719 yr But history and tradition don't matter anymore. As has been said several times before, tradition will get you in the door. That's never been a problem...
May 4, 200719 yr I'm glad to see we are in on some quality wings. With so much attention being placed on help in the frontcourt, no one really has mentioned our need for a true 3 man. Personally I think a solid true three is something we have been without since Tayshaun left, and I do classify Tay as a true three. Lately we have basically been getting by with two guards playing the wing spot, as does most programs, but having a true wing guy goes a long way.
May 4, 200719 yr Now a days, you cannot start three guards. I think that you need a true small forward that can rebound and shoot the 3 well. You look at most of the great teams like Florida and you see a guy in the small forward spot that is over 6'7'' which creates matchup problems for the other team. I like what Billy G is doing in finding a true small forward like Singleton.
May 5, 200719 yr How many times do we need to have this discussion? History and Tradition matter, no one has ever said otherwise, but it isn't the end all be all that it was say 25 years ago...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.