Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Romero Osby 5 Star SF

Featured Replies

I also think your new coach is making sure it is much more public where he goes and how he is recruiting. Further.....I mean at best over the next two years he will get 3 - 5 blue chip players......no room for others in the program. You can't sign everybody. If you look at next year's senior class I believe there are that many blue chips in that class. Your new coach is a very smart recruiter and also a very public recruiter.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cville, I was specifically responding to the claim that I was jealous. What I said was in context to that only. Since it's a question of my motives, I think that how I feel is pretty contextually important. I can't help it that oldrambler had to drag my motives into this. If you don't like the fact that I'm in a unique position to state what they are over someone who's never met me, maybe you can ask him to stop giving me an opportunity to do so.

I mean, if I were discussing my zombie move collection, and you stated that zombie movies aren't that interesting to you, would it make sense for me to say that you're just jealous?

02Ram54, I am tickled to death that you are so unique:D . I would suggest that if you want OldRambler to know something, just tell him yourself as I wouldn't want to deny you your right to opportunity. As I stated before, everyone has thier own opinion and to me that is unique.

I will now stay on the subject matter of this thread as it is not about Oldrambler, You or I.

  • Author

I believe there's another thread that says: Tubby Smith wont recruit any new players.

 

It's not that he wouldn't love to have some of these guys, but he KNOWS he would be wasting his time going after four and five star guys at THIS point. He KNOWS that he can't compete with certain Schools i.e. UK, dUKe, NC, Florida etc...Why is this? It's because he's at Minnesota!! So Yes, name and tradition are alive and well in College Sports...esp Basketball and Football.

Osby would be a great pickup for UK. If he truly wants to play at Kentucky, I hope he gets to make that a reality.

cville, I was specifically responding to the claim that I was jealous. What I said was in context to that only. Since it's a question of my motives, I think that how I feel is pretty contextually important. I can't help it that oldrambler had to drag my motives into this. If you don't like the fact that I'm in a unique position to state what they are over someone who's never met me, maybe you can ask him to stop giving me an opportunity to do so.

 

I mean, if I were discussing my zombie move collection, and you stated that zombie movies aren't that interesting to you, would it make sense for me to say that you're just jealous?

:confused: :confused: I was just now reading this. How in the world was I questioning anything about you 02?? Believe me, If I were going to question you I would not go through someone else to do it! Talk about someone needing to get over themselves :lol: . You seem to have a history of mind reading on here and a history of being wrong with your accusations of others besides me. By the way, the only way that I now see your post is when someone else quotes you, otherwise I do not see anything you post. I was quoting other members and not you, again, if I have something to say to you I will not go through anyone else, you can rest assured of that! :rolleyes: .

I mean, when will you people get over yourselves? The only reasons I posted in this thread are

 

a) The Tubby bashing, as if he wasn't in on kids like Osby and they weren't saying the exact same things about UK's tradition (they were.) I think Billy Clyde is a better recruiter than Orlando, but that doesn't mean that we should totally swing it to where Tubby couldn't recruit fish to the sea.

 

b) I do think that tradition, ACROSS THE BOARD, doesn't mean what it used to several decades ago. I don't think it's realistic to think that just because UK has a new coach, that will change. And you know what? There are plenty of UK fans that would agree with me.

 

Is your obsession with trying to put UK down in any way possible healthy? :sleep:

 

This little brother syndrome is bad. Kentucky has beat Louisville, what 5 out of 7 times this decade. I believe UL has a great team and are a top 5 team next year. But to say UL was better in the 80s, UK in the 90s, and UL this decade is weak right now.

I hope that Billy G. can get Osby to U.K., he certainly sounds like a good one.

Is your obsession with trying to put UK down in any way possible healthy? :sleep:

 

This little brother syndrome is bad. Kentucky has beat Louisville, what 5 out of 7 times this decade. I believe UL has a great team and are a top 5 team next year. But to say UL was better in the 80s, UK in the 90s, and UL this decade is weak right now.

Neither team has been dominant this decade (a word I was using to describe how each related to the national basketball landscape in the 80's and 90's.) In this decade Kentucky owns head-to-head, and Louisville owns the only Final Four banner, but I was only speaking to the fact that for the present and immediate future, things look better at UofL.

 

So, like I said, the constant 'Little Brother! Little Brother!' chorus just sounds insecure to me.

I hope that Billy G. can get Osby to U.K., he certainly sounds like a good one.
He does. The list is long for him, though. And his AAU coach has a history in this region.
Neither team has been dominant this decade (a word I was using to describe how each related to the national basketball landscape in the 80's and 90's.) In this decade Kentucky owns head-to-head, and Louisville owns the only Final Four banner, but I was only speaking to the fact that for the present and immediate future, things look better at UofL.

 

So, like I said, the constant 'Little Brother! Little Brother!' chorus just sounds insecure, to me.

 

Here is the thing. Most fans on this board dont spend very much time putting UL down. Its just not something that is all that relevant to most of us. I like UL basketball and think they have a very good program. But its like all you guys try to bash UK or make a backhanded remark at every opportunity.

It does no good to say things like, "boy UL basketball just dont mean what it use to." UL is a very good program and had a few down years. Now they are back up there.

Here is the thing. Most fans on this board dont spend very much time putting UL down. Its just not something that is all that relevant to most of us. I like UL basketball and think they have a very good program. But its like all you guys try to bash UK or make a backhanded remark at every opportunity.

It does no good to say things like, "boy UL basketball just dont mean what it use to." UL is a very good program and had a few down years. Now they are back up there.

:lol:

 

Go back, re-read what I wrote. I'm not putting UK down.

 

In any case, the record is there for people to read. I was talking about tradition not meaning what it used to. I won't respond to anymore personal attacks in this thread, only talk about Osby because he's an interesting player and I don't want the thread locked.

Well I don't agree with everything that 02Ram has said in this thread, but he is right about UK's name isn't as big as it once was with recruits. Yeah the people know that UK is still one of the best places to play college basketball at, but its not like it once was when if UK asked you to come here, then that player pretty much for should would. Now the name just would get people interested in us and that is it....

"The other coach" had players saying the same thing, too.

 

The name Kentucky means SOMETHING, or Tubby never would have been in on the players that he was. But it doesn't mean the same thing it used to.

 

 

People all around the nation know about Kentucky basketball. It still means what it used to mean. When I lived in Alaska, I saw people wearing University of Kentucky basketball shirts on more than one occasion. Like the guy in the first post said, when people think college basketball, Kentucky is one of the first schools that come to mind. That's how it is, whether some like it or not.

People all around the nation know about Kentucky basketball. It still means what it used to mean. When I lived in Alaska, I saw people wearing University of Kentucky basketball shirts on more than one occasion. Like the guy in the first post said, when people think college basketball, Kentucky is one of the first schools that come to mind. That's how it is, whether some like it or not.

 

To a degree.

 

UK, UNC, Duke, UCLA, IU have great national reputations and history that will always keep its place in history and never allow it drop off the college basketball landscape...

 

To better explain 02's side of it...

 

Let us say in 1977, if you are filling up a pie chart, the name "Kentucky" (or UCLA, etc) was worth 85% of the pie in deciding where the big boy recruits go. Now, with AAU hoops, TV exposure and packages, greedy minds behind the scenes, and the need to hurry to get to the NBA, the name "Kentucky" (or UCLA, etc.) accounts for maybe 50%... I guess that make sense??? Not that the name on the jersey does not matter, but it does not matter near as much as it once did. There is too much media consumption going on these days to only have a handful of schools controling the college basketball market... Duke being about the only exception, imo (even if there is one).

:lol:

 

Go back, re-read what I wrote. I'm not putting UK down.

 

In any case, the record is there for people to read. I was talking about tradition not meaning what it used to. I won't respond to anymore personal attacks in this thread, only talk about Osby because he's an interesting player and I don't want the thread locked.

 

:lol: You sure have not gave UK a ringing endorsement either. I would hate for you to be someone advising a UK recruit on where to go.

 

As for Osby he would be a great addition. I love how many players UK is involved with right now!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.