Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Romero Osby 5 Star SF

Featured Replies

Kentucky has burst onto the scene for the #18 Jr in the Country. 6'8 230 Lbs.

 

 

 

 

On Coach G. being named the new UK Coach:

 

"When I was in Arkansas for the Real Deal on the Hill, I heard that it had happened. I was kind of overwhelmed and excited because I hadn't been recruited by Kentucky before and I had always wanted to hear from them. They're a big-time program respected across the country. When people think of college basketball, that's one of the three or four schools you always think of, so I was real excited to hear about coach Gillispie getting that job."

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"When I was in Arkansas for the Real Deal on the Hill, I heard that it had happened. I was kind of overwhelmed and excited because I hadn't been recruited by Kentucky before and I had always wanted to hear from them. They're a big-time program respected across the country. When people think of college basketball, that's one of the three or four schools you always think of, so I was real excited to hear about coach Gillispie getting that job."

 

This makes me pull my hair out...

So where are all the people that said kids don't care about the Kentucky name anymore?

 

Seems like the care plenty to me. Someone just wasn't taking advantage.

So where are all the people that said kids don't care about the Kentucky name anymore?

 

Seems like the care plenty to me. Someone just wasn't taking advantage.

 

:thumb:

So where are all the people that said kids don't care about the Kentucky name anymore?

 

Seems like the care plenty to me. Someone just wasn't taking advantage.

Amen. :thumb:

So where are all the people that said kids don't care about the Kentucky name anymore?

 

Seems like the care plenty to me. Someone just wasn't taking advantage.

 

Romero Osby quote

"I hadn't been recruited by Kentucky before and I had always wanted to hear from them. They're a big-time program respected across the country. When people think of college basketball, that's one of the three or four schools you always think of"

 

Isn't it funny how some BGP members want to believe that players out there don't know anything about KY history. I know recently that I also heard another player that UK is recruiting say almost the same thing as Osby. Players who know Basketball do know about top programs history.

"The other coach" had players saying the same thing, too.

 

The name Kentucky means SOMETHING, or Tubby never would have been in on the players that he was. But it doesn't mean the same thing it used to.

"The other coach" had players saying the same thing, too.

 

The name Kentucky means SOMETHING, or Tubby never would have been in on the players that he was. But it doesn't mean the same thing it used to.

 

Things work in cycles. UK will be back on top in the fairly near future. Mark it down. When this happens the name Kentucky will mean just as much as ever nationally.

Things work in cycles. UK will be back on top in the fairly near future. Mark it down. When this happens the name Kentucky will mean just as much as ever nationally.

:thumb: I have been saying this all along. U.K. or no one else is ever going to have string of titles like the UCLA run of J. Wooden years ago. That is just crazy to think so. Imo the ones that say "the "Kentucky" name doesn't mean as much as it used to" are just wishing that it didn't bc their name never will.;) .

"The other coach" had players saying the same thing, too.

 

The name Kentucky means SOMETHING, or Tubby never would have been in on the players that he was. But it doesn't mean the same thing it used to.

 

Do you have a link for proof to this or is this just an opinion? How can you say it doesn't mean the same thing? You must have some kind of proof of it besides reading what some BGP posters opinions are.

Things work in cycles. UK will be back on top in the fairly near future. Mark it down. When this happens the name Kentucky will mean just as much as ever nationally.

 

I agree.

Every program has their down seasons, and fortunately for us, things are looking up again. Heck, Carolina didn't even make the tournament a few seasons back, UConn didn't this season, it happens, ya know?

Do you have a link for proof to this or is this just an opinion? How can you say it doesn't mean the same thing? You must have some kind of proof of it besides reading what some BGP posters opinions are.
I mean that it's just another factor, unlike once upon a time when the name 'Kentucky' across the jersey was probably a dominant factor.

 

I think we can all agree there's a difference.

:thumb: I have been saying this all along. U.K. or no one else is ever going to have string of titles like the UCLA run of J. Wooden years ago. That is just crazy to think so. Imo the ones that say "the "Kentucky" name doesn't mean as much as it used to" are just wishing that it didn't bc their name never will.;) .
:thumb: It is easy to say, but to prove it is a different matter.

You guys crack me up... I could care less about UK's once-upon-a-time dominance. In the decades that I have been alive, U of L dominated the 80's and UK dominated the 90's. And right now, Louisville has the better team. These insecure claims of jealousy put me into laughing fits, truly.

 

Do you honestly think that the name Kentucky means the same thing to recruiting that it did back in the day? Clearly it doesn't. Tradition, ACROSS THE BOARD, doesn't mean what it used to.

 

I was just defending Tubby, my personal rooting interest doesn't come into play here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.