Is Troy Lee Thomas leaving Rowan Co?

Would be a GREAT hire but 99% sure it WON'T happen. Practically all these AD's today think they have to have a head coach with college assistant experience anymore. MSU would be better off hiring someone like Troy Lee that will stay there long enough to build something instead of just using it as a stepping stone. Anybody got any influence with Hutchinson??

Would be a GREAT hire but 99% sure it WON'T happen. Practically all these AD's today think they have to have a head coach with college assistant experience anymore. MSU would be better off hiring someone like Troy Lee that will stay there long enough to build something instead of just using it as a stepping stone. Anybody got any influence with Hutchinson??

Troy Lee was on Macy's staff for a couple of years at MSU.

He's my fraternity brother.

I'll say with a high percentage of accuracy that Troy Lee will be at the next level next season. If that's the case, it will be a big loss for Rowan County - especially on the defensive end of the court. Coach Thomas will build a dynasty at MSU.

I can guarentee that Coach Thomas would get it done at MSU. He is so relentless and loves basketball more than anyone that I have ever seen. A friend of mine said he went over to his house one time and he said Coach Thomas had basketball plays drawn in his bathroom, kitchen, living room, dining room, and even is his bedroom. The man is obsessed with basketball. I know Coach Thomas has passion and love for the game like I've never seen. I actually have talked to Lake Kelly one time and Coach Kelly told me that Coach Thomas reminds him of Rick Stansbury (now at Mississippi State) who used to be an assistant coach under Lake Kelly. Coach Thomas would be a coach who could stay at Morehead and not use it as a stepping stone. I can guarentee that he would have the BEST DEFENSIVE team in the OVC.

He's my fraternity brother.

Then you need to tell him that's he's got a chance to do something here. He can take the so called "safe" way out and hire a current college assistant that will be out the door at first chance or he can take the opportunity to hire somebody that will bring an injection of enthusiasm to the program, somebody that will stay here and build something. Recruiting girls is different than boys anyway, boys want a name that will get them to the next level, girls want to know that you care about them and that they can build a relationship with you. I believe Troy Lee or Merle Kidlwell could do that.

Playing devil's advocate here ... why would Morehead dip down to the high school ranks to hire a coach, regardless of his ties to the school, when you can hire an up-and-coming major-college assistant with the recruiting ties needed to make the job work.

It certainly seemed to be the right choice last time. Tyndall and Mitchell have (had) their programs on the rise.

Troy Lee and Merle Kidwell are two excellent choices if they are looking to give an opportunity to some excellent high school coaches in the state with ties across the Bluegrass, however, no one has mention a guy with a lot of high school success in the state and that spent last year putting some pep into the Transy program and that is Greg Todd. That will be interesting to see what MSU might do and if Coach Todd is interested. He may be waiting on to see what Coach Inman may do at EKU also. Just another name to throw out there. I don't know anything about the situation at MSU but I would love to see them establish something there like what we've seen across the state with the other women's programs.

Playing devil's advocate here ... why would Morehead dip down to the high school ranks to hire a coach, regardless of his ties to the school, when you can hire an up-and-coming major-college assistant with the recruiting ties needed to make the job work.

It certainly seemed to be the right choice last time. Tyndall and Mitchell have (had) their programs on the rise.

How many all-OVC players did Mitchell recruit in his 2 years at MSU. The best player on the team was arguably a walk-on from Morehead. (Mealnie Cornett)

Pat Summitt seems to have done OK at Tennessee without any previous college coaching experience! Recruiting is about getting out and working anyway, just ask the men's program down at UK right now!!