Rate the 16th region for next year.

Fine suggestion. It is far past time to move on from what might have been but wasn't.

It will be interesting for fans in that the region should have different schools leading the way. However, team wise and individual wise, it will be a large drop in talent over the last couple of years.

Can't argue that point, I've stated here several times and I'll say it again,,,,I'd take the 16th region all-star team and like my chances with any other senior all-star team from any other region.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you scooter, for the first time in a while, I don't think that any regional winner next from the 16th, whoever it may be will have a legitimate shot at a state title. But like you said the fans will be happy knowing that some other schools may have a shot to make it to state. Elaborate a little on who some of the teams are you think may "lead the way".

No, GoRadio, the Rose Hillers got to the Russellites. Look in the record books and trophy cases. Observe who starts the whining and excuse making. Check who attempts to play the "principle card". Yep, GoRadio, Rose Hillers got to their "good neighbors".

No, GoRadio, the Rose Hillers got to the Russellites. Look in the record books and trophy cases. Observe who starts the whining and excuse making. Check who attempts to play the "principle card". Yep, GoRadio, Rose Hillers got to their "good neighbors".

You may be right about a couple of things Ernest, but I have observed all year who starts the whining and it has mainly been you along with a few of your cohorts. If I have heard one RH conspiracy theory this year, I have heard a dozen and NONE of those were started by your "good neighbors". Your problem is, you just don't know when to walk away. Maybe you should listen to "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers.

You have accused me on several occasions of many things over the past few months (all unsubstantiated I might add). You lump me in with others who you feel are threatened by RH and have called me a "poor loser victimized by that nasty little private school." I have nothing to win or lose, my job is to support kids in this area. And I do the best I can to do just that, regardless of what others may or may not think! Please, before attacking me in the future, check with some of the parents and coaches at RH and ask them if I am "anti-Rose Hill", I think you might find that most of them feel I have been more than fair and very complimentary of the Athletic Dept at Rose Hill. We ran special reports on several RH athletes, carried every game they have played in the region and state tournaments for the past 7 years and have supported several events such as the David Garnes Golf and Basketball Tournaments.

So, in your words, "get your facts straight before you attack me". Have a great day and God bless you!!

You may be right about a couple of things Ernest, but I have observed all year who starts the whining and it has mainly been you along with a few of your cohorts. If I have heard one RH conspiracy theory this year, I have heard a dozen and NONE of those were started by your "good neighbors". Your problem is, you just don't know when to walk away. Maybe you should listen to "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers.

You have accused me on several occasions of many things over the past few months (all unsubstantiated I might add). You lump me in with others who you feel are threatened by RH and have called me a "poor loser victimized by that nasty little private school." I have nothing to win or lose, my job is to support kids in this area. And I do the best I can to do just that, regardless of what others may or may not think! Please, before attacking me in the future, check with some of the parents and coaches at RH and ask them if I am "anti-Rose Hill", I think you might find that most of them feel I have been more than fair and very complimentary of the Athletic Dept at Rose Hill. We ran special reports on several RH athletes, carried every game they have played in the region and state tournaments for the past 7 years and have supported several events such as the David Garnes Golf and Basketball Tournaments.

So, in your words, "get your facts straight before you attack me". Have a great day and God bless you!!

Rationalize as it suits you, GoRadio, but you will find no apologies from here.

Good post Go radio. I have listened to many of your radio broadcasts over the last few years and I have always respected your professionalism and impartiality. Your enjoyment of high school basketball and your desire to support all area players is definitely apparent. I also agree with your take on some of the RH posters.

Although I have not been a poster on BGP for very long, some may have the impression that I am a "RH basher". Actually nothing could be farther from the truth. Not being originally from this area, I support all 16th region basketball (boys and girls). I attended several RH girls and boys games last season and I even rooted for them on more than one occasion. I am just a fan of good basketball...period.

During my time on BGPs I have also respected many of the posts from RH fans such as LRCW and Himmelfarb. Their comments are usually informative and accurate. They give their opinion, not to antagonize, but to prompt good debate. However, I do feel that a goodly number of RH posters continually criticize other 16th region teams and then claim that the region is against them when they receive negative responses. Even worse, these posters then claim innocence when questioned about their motives.

Bottom line, constantly criticizing your “good neighbors” and then denying it is going to prompt some negativity toward your program. In essence you are cultivating the very thing that you claim you want to end.

Rose Hill will be very down next year, thats obvious. When you lose two players like Queen and Terry you really have no where to go but down. Those two girls were great ball players.

I suspect RH will have no problems finding teams from the local area next year. I know Boyd County wont duck them. I look for close games between Boyd and RH again this year but with the score being much lower...

For anyone to attack GoRadio's impartiality or professionalism is disgusting and shows a total lack of knowledge of their broadcasts. They have promoted 16th Region sports teams and players for years and we are lucky to have someone of that level covering our area teams.

...Even worse, these posters then claim innocence when questioned about their motives.

Bottom line, constantly criticizing your “good neighbors” and then denying it is going to prompt some negativity toward your program. In essence you are cultivating the very thing that you claim you want to end.

VERY well put...:thumb:

Kidwell did just fine against RH before the influx of talent, 2-0 as a matter of fact. When your two best guards become someone else's two best guards, it makes it tough. The most recent game results have nothing to do with Russell not playing the Royals though. Now as soon as Scooter reads this, I fully expect an overblown reaction telling me how I know nothing about the situation (because it doesn't match what he believes and we all know he is never wrong) and that us Russellites are envious and jealous of the success Rose Hill enjoyed the last two years (even though we would have loved that level of success, the price to pay would have been far too steep and not one the folks here at RHS were willing to pay). Maybe I just saved him the trouble, but I'm sure he'll weigh in just so everyone will know just how clever he can be...:rolleyes:
You don't really want us to believe you would rather have lost two regions and a district than kept the Faulkners.:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ashland , East should be best in region next year. Always have to watch out for West Carter though.