Rate the 16th region for next year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Rose Hill voting to seed the district Ashland will playing Rose Hill 2 times next season . Boyd County and Fairview also have Rose hill 2 times next season. With Rose Hill being a little down next season some teams might jump on them for a easy win. I know one team that is not playing Rose Hill next season and that is Russell.
I think Russell and Kidwell wish they had never had to play Rose Hill. Not surprising they still won't.

I think Russell and Kidwell wish they had never had to play Rose Hill. Not surprising they still won't.

Kidwell did just fine against RH before the influx of talent, 2-0 as a matter of fact. When your two best guards become someone else's two best guards, it makes it tough. The most recent game results have nothing to do with Russell not playing the Royals though. Now as soon as Scooter reads this, I fully expect an overblown reaction telling me how I know nothing about the situation (because it doesn't match what he believes and we all know he is never wrong) and that us Russellites are envious and jealous of the success Rose Hill enjoyed the last two years (even though we would have loved that level of success, the price to pay would have been far too steep and not one the folks here at RHS were willing to pay). Maybe I just saved him the trouble, but I'm sure he'll weigh in just so everyone will know just how clever he can be...:rolleyes:

Actually, goherd96, I am flattered that you feel it necessary to try to read my mind. However, I wouldn't have said much of anything in this matter. All the "issues" have been sufficiently spinned out of control.

It does strike me that I have apparently gotten somewhat under your skin which is amusing. I really am sorry that you didn't get the chance to play at Bowling Green. As I have said before, Jessica Fortman deserved the opportunity and it would have been nice to see Coach Kidwell perform on the big stage. But, then, the fact is, you guys somehow managed to blow it. I'm sure that it must have been because of some clandestine activities of Coach Euton and her girls. Surely, you didn't just get out coached and out played both years.

There was no real need to repeat the Russellite Spin Doctrine since it has been posted so many times that it is losing credibility. I'm glad that you people feel so good about yourselves for losing.

But, it is all over now and Brittie will be moving on to U of L to join her sister. No more need to feel "cheated" out of your "entitlement". All of those haunting memories of what could have been should be exorcised. Isn't it time for you Russellites to move on?

Good luck.

No. However, the door is always open.

Most truthful quote by sb EVER.

Hill girls program will take anyone.

Character, discipline, and accountability are not needed.

Just the ability to help team win.

Start spinning scooter. FACTS ARE FACTS.

Rowan, East, and Ashland look to be the early frontrunners.

If the Kittens get some solid post play they could be hard to handle.:thumb: :banana: :laugh:

Most truthful quote by sb EVER.

Hill girls program will take anyone.

Character, discipline, and accountability are not needed.

Just the ability to help team win.

Start spinning scooter. FACTS ARE FACTS.

My goodness. I never realized that two trips to Bowling Green could cause such lasting and continuous pain. I just hope that losing those two regional tournaments hasn't marred you people for life but, alas, it appears that that could be the case.

Let me recommend a nice bottle of Jack Daniels (Black Label, of course) to, at least, temporarily ease your obsession.:cool:

Good luck to you, also.

My goodness. I never realized that two trips to Bowling Green could cause such lasting and continuous pain. I just hope that losing those two regional tournaments hasn't marred you people for life but, alas, it appears that that could be the case.

Let me recommend a nice bottle of Jack Daniels (Black Label, of course) to, at least, temporarily ease your obsession.:cool:

Good luck to you, also.

Looks like the gloves are coming off......:fight:

Elliott seemed to really improve over last year. They made an excellent appearance in the All A and got stronger all year long. So what about those teams? I know Menifee beat Elliott, Bath beat Menifee early on, and I guess I'm more along the lines of the All A, but how do these smaller teams fare next year? Strengths or weaknesses? All A seems to be wide open in the 16th. How do you all see it playing out?

And also, we all know the story of the Faulkners and Russell and Rose Hill. Isn't it starting to get old? I mean they chose to move, and if you ask me obviously it was the best decision. Congratulations on much success to Rose Hill the last two seasons. They represented our region well. But if you look back at all the posts about the 16th, the smaller schools never get mentioned because we always gravitate to bashing Rose Hill. Lets move on. And I'm not a huge fan of the attitudes that some of the players showed during the state tourney, and i thought the coach didnt control her players, but I was happy for the team on their success. But this thread is about the whole 16th region. I think im not the only one, but I would love to hear about some of the teams that we dont always get to read about because they don't have all the success of a Rose Hill or Russell. Ok i'll get off my soap box now.

And also, we all know the story of the Faulkners and Russell and Rose Hill. Isn't it starting to get old? I mean they chose to move, and if you ask me obviously it was the best decision. Congratulations on much success to Rose Hill the last two seasons. They represented our region well. But if you look back at all the posts about the 16th, the smaller schools never get mentioned because we always gravitate to bashing Rose Hill. Lets move on. And I'm not a huge fan of the attitudes that some of the players showed during the state tourney, and i thought the coach didnt control her players, but I was happy for the team on their success. But this thread is about the whole 16th region. I think im not the only one, but I would love to hear about some of the teams that we dont always get to read about because they don't have all the success of a Rose Hill or Russell. Ok i'll get off my soap box now.

Well said!:thumb:

Fine suggestion. It is far past time to move on from what might have been but wasn't.

It will be interesting for fans in that the region should have different schools leading the way. However, team wise and individual wise, it will be a large drop in talent over the last couple of years.