Rate the 16th region for next year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't really want us to believe you would rather have lost two regions and a district than kept the Faulkners.:D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....

Ask Coach Kidwell or anyone in the administration and, despite what you might want to believe, there was a great deal of relief when they left the school because no one had to deal with their attitudes anymore. This was the same for parents and kids who had played with them since youth leagues. Everything always had to go their way or they would have a fit. Yes, we would have loved the opportunity to see our girls have that kind of success, but the price to pay would have been too great. Coach Kidwell would have had to accept Britt back on the team for a second straight year following dismissal for disciplinary reasons and the team as a whole would have suffered for it. For the record, Kala was not dismissed from the team, but the family decided if one was off, both were off in what most considered a power play to try and force the coaches and administration into allowing Britt to return. Notably, none of their teammates asked for Coach K to give them a reprieve even knowing full well what the ramifications might be when they left. Knowing what I know being a part of the athletics staff here at Russell, I am amazed how all these folks looking at the big picture from the outside (Scooter, Swimfan, et al) have it all figured out and know the thoughts and feelings of us Russellites...:rolleyes:

Ask Coach Kidwell or anyone in the administration and, despite what you might want to believe, there was a great deal of relief when they left the school because no one had to deal with their attitudes anymore. This was the same for parents and kids who had played with them since youth leagues. Everything always had to go their way or they would have a fit. Yes, we would have loved the opportunity to see our girls have that kind of success, but the price to pay would have been too great. Coach Kidwell would have had to accept Britt back on the team for a second straight year following dismissal for disciplinary reasons and the team as a whole would have suffered for it. For the record, Kala was not dismissed from the team, but the family decided if one was off, both were off in what most considered a power play to try and force the coaches and administration into allowing Britt to return. Notably, none of their teammates asked for Coach K to give them a reprieve even knowing full well what the ramifications might be when they left. Knowing what I know being a part of the athletics staff here at Russell, I am amazed how all these folks looking at the big picture from the outside (Scooter, Swimfan, et al) have it all figured out and know the thoughts and feelings of us Russellites...:rolleyes:

Let it go, goherd96. Graduation is quickly approaching and it is time to move on. Each has his/her version of the facts. Those who are not directly related to the situation will choose to believe whomever they favor. As is usually the case, the full truth will never be known because everyone spins to suit his/her particular loyalties.

There is no particular reason for anyone to believe either of the competing versions of the saga. You and the Russellites have your tale and others have a different tale. Neither tale is more believable than the other because they are spun by partisans. Many will believe your version merely because that is what they choose to believe. Others will not believe you. That is just how it works.

Russellites are apparently pleased with how they handled it and Rose Hillers and the girls are, for the most part, satisfied with how it all turned out. So, goherd96, it is probably best for everyone to just let it go and to move on.

No explaining, no remorse, and no apologies from either group. None are necessary.:thumb:

Could someone let me know if Scooter's reply was a witty as I'm sure he thinks it is...I can't tell since I have him on my ignore list...:D

:thumb: :thumb: Surely, goherd96 cannot find fault with post #48. It is long past time for closure in regard to this "overexposed" issue.

And Scooter, before you accuse me of not being able to stand the heat or whatever, I just got really tired of the same, trite garbage you spew all the time. You have had nothing new to say on the topic for a couple of years really and your MO has been to denigrate anyone with a dissenting opinion. Easier to ignore you than continue the useless exercise of trying to enlighten you.

And Scooter, before you accuse me of not being able to stand the heat or whatever, I just got really tired of the same, trite garbage you spew all the time. You have had nothing new to say on the topic for a couple of years really and your MO has been to denigrate anyone with a dissenting opinion. Easier to ignore you than continue the useless exercise of trying to enlighten you.

;) ;) Could someone inform goherd96 that I am merely seeking closure of a matter that has long ago run its course. Surely, he can't disagree with post #48.