Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alex Legion Update!

Featured Replies

I'm almost at the point where I've convinced myself the duo of Sanchez and Legion may be better than that of Lucas and Patterson.

 

If Coach G. somehow manages to get Sanchez, Legion, and Lucas, does UK's class rank in the top 10? top 5?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm almost at the point where I've convinced myself the duo of Sanchez and Legion may be better than that of Lucas and Patterson.

 

If Coach G. somehow manages to get Sanchez, Legion, and Lucas, does UK's class rank in the top 10? top 5?

Thats how I am starting to feel as well. I think Sanchez is a real steal.

I'm almost at the point where I've convinced myself the duo of Sanchez and Legion may be better than that of Lucas and Patterson.

 

If Coach G. somehow manages to get Sanchez, Legion, and Lucas, does UK's class rank in the top 10? top 5?

Top 15-20 at best. Good thing they don't mean much...

This new found energy in Lexington was MUCH needed....... bring em home Billy!

So it has been confirmed that Legion has dropped Florida and Kansas from the list? These seemed to be the top choices other than Kentucky. Legion's mom has said that UCLA and UCONN are out of the mix, so it looks like UK is the clear front runner.

 

Is all of this correct?

This would be awesome for Big Blue. At least BCG is getting in the front door with the top kids.

This is pure curiosity, not taking digs, but how would we fare with Legion, Sanchez, etc. if Tubby was still at the helm?

This is pure curiosity, not taking digs, but how would we fare with Legion, Sanchez, etc. if Tubby was still at the helm?

 

 

The masses would be out talking about how we had to settle for our 2nd options.....

The more I hear about Sanchez the more I like his game. It seems like he is now healthy and living up to what was expected a year ago. Legion and Sanchez would be just as big as Lucas and Patterson IMO...

 

 

:thumb:

This is pure curiosity, not taking digs, but how would we fare with Legion, Sanchez, etc. if Tubby was still at the helm?

 

 

Who cares? Tubby is gone...

Who cares? Tubby is gone...

 

I second that.... and Tubby never had a good track record with talent. Yeah he scored Morris but after that it went down hill and down hill fast.

Who cares? Tubby is gone...

 

I'm just more curious comparing the recruiting strategies of Tubby and Billy G. Does Tubby put all of his eggs in the PP/Jai basket or does he develop backup plans?

One thing I think is clear regarding strategy and evaluation.

It looks like BCG will target shooters and kid that can score, then teach them defense.

OTS seemed to rely more on those kids that were more defensive ready out of high school. Much easier to do the former than the latter in my opinion.

 

Secondly, it is painfully obvious that BCG's organization regarding recruiting is light years ahead of what OTS and his staff were doing during the latter stages.

Jody Demling will have an article shortly saying how much the AAU coaches love BCG. With OTS, he dreaded hearing from them.

Legion is roughly down to UK, UCLA and Michigan.

I can't see him going back to UM considering he worked to get out of it.

Mom did accompany him to Lexington...and from all accounts liked it.

UCLA has always intrigued him, but distance could be an issue.

No visit has been set up...and it may not come off.

Legion is roughly down to UK, UCLA and Michigan.

I can't see him going back to UM considering he worked to get out of it.

Mom did accompany him to Lexington...and from all accounts liked it.

UCLA has always intrigued him, but distance could be an issue.

No visit has been set up...and it may not come off.

 

He likes UCLA but like you said it sounds like distance is a factor and he knows he can get the same things at UK and only 5 hours from home as he can at UCLA. He says he isnt sure how he would fit in with what the new UM coach is going to do. Sounds like he is going to be UK bound as long as UCLA doesnt wow him and overcome the distance factor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.