Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Kentucky Womens Coach

Featured Replies

Current Morehead State coach Matthew Mitchell will be named coach later today or Monday morning.

 

:fight:

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know much about him but it can't be an upgrade if he's coming from Morehead.

  • Author

Whats wrong with Morehead? And who said it was an upgrade?

 

:fight:

Whats wrong with Morehead? And who said it was an upgrade?

 

:fight:

 

I don't think they've got much of a national presence which would mean that their coach probably doesn't have the presence to recruit with the other SEC heavyweights. This one has disaster written all over it.

  • Author

He was an assistant at tennessee then Florida then Kentucky then became Morehead head coach. He knows the SEC very well. I expected him to be the next Mississippi coach. She just hasn't left yet.

 

:fight:

This is a major dissapointment. Hoped they would go after the Marquette coach. From the SEC to Morehead and back, are you kidding me?

Whats wrong with Morehead? And who said it was an upgrade?

 

:fight:

A lot is wrong with Morehead. I can say so because I go there and I am here everyday!

Was he successful at Morehead? What's his resume?

 

UK dropped the ball with women's basketball back in the '70s when Coach Yow left. They had a chance to get into the game early and build themselves as a national power, but they weren't willing to put the money and interest into the program. So, Tennessee and others took the ball and ran with it. Now,those schools have the players kentucky should have the ability to get, and now recruits don't see Kentucky as a national power. They see Tennessee, Connnecticut, and others. Just look at the Parade magazine picks....how many of them are going to either Tennessee or UConn? I don't think UK has ever had a Parade or McBurger signee.

I don't think they've got much of a national presence which would mean that their coach probably doesn't have the presence to recruit with the other SEC heavyweights. This one has disaster written all over it.

 

 

I agree. No offense to Morehead but you'd think they'd be able to get someone who has national prominence. Then again, they could've just found they "next big thing" in coaching with this hire. Only time will tell.

  • Author
source?

 

 

Me, I am the source. Press conference Monday at 2:30p. See ya there!!

 

:fight:

Go catch Boom.

I heard his named dropped a week or so ago. He has done a nice job turning MSU around.

I was hoping for McDuff from Xavier.

He has pulled in some pretty good recruiting classes at Florida and UK so lets see......

  • Author
A lot is wrong with Morehead. I can say so because I go there and I am here everyday!

 

Maybe you should look for some where else if you think it's so bad. I am a Morehead Fan. The womens program has had 2 nice years under Mitchell.

 

:fight:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.