Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyler Smith to transfer from Iowa

Featured Replies

I don't care what school he will be playing at in this situation. If he gets to be closer to his sick father and get his education paid for I'm all for it.

I still never could make sense of him going to Iowa in the first place...

  • Replies 89
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this changes the complexion in their recruitment for Chris Singleton and Darius Miller.

I wonder if this changes the complexion in their recruitment for Chris Singleton and Darius Miller.

Nope. 1 and done for Smith is the plan. It's why the waiver was so important...

UC wasn't the problem.

I have to wonder how closely the NCAA really looked into this... Considering his father was supposed to be a major factor in his college decision to begin with, and he ended up at Iowa. Like the Morris situation a couple of years back, however, there wasn't really a precedent for this type of situation that I know of. It'll be interesting to see if they do the same thing if this case arises again, and also to see what kind of excuses players use in transfers from now on to try to find loopholes in the rules.

UC couldn't clear a roster spot, or couldn't get the waiver?

If he got the waiver he was at UC...

Something weird had to happen for Smith to end up at Iowa.

Mick Cronin was going to get on the plane back to Cincy after his visit with a commitment from Smith when he left.

But something happened.

In the end he moved closer to his dying father...

 

 

I get all of that, and I know you have followed the situation very closely. What I'm saying is he already knew his father was sick and he made the decision to go to Iowa. After one good year his coach leaves and the NCAA lets him play the next year for a top 5 team in the country. Does the NCAA let the next kid w/a dying relative move closer to home? How do they decide how close is close enough? How close does the relative have to be? What if it's a family friend that raised the athlete? What if it's a parent that had nothing to do w/ raising the athlete? How many moew scenarios can people come up w/?

His fathers health was a concern prior to his choosing to go to school in Iowa, am I correct? If so then I don't like this decision one bit. I think that a giant can of worms may have just been opened. Either way It seems to me that if his father is in that bad of a condition that maybe he ought to take a year off from basketball anyhow, and concentrate of spending time with his father.

His fathers health was a concern prior to his choosing to go to school in Iowa, am I correct? If so then I don't like this decision one bit. I think that a giant can of worms may have just been opened. Either way It seems to me that if his father is in that bad of a condition that maybe he ought to take a year off from basketball anyhow, and concentrate of spending time with his father.

Concerns I've had since the day he picked Iowa...

If he goes to UT, then they will be the favorites in the East. But, they won't win it, though. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.