X and T fans only:

theguru

For X fans, do you root for T to win every game except when they play X?

For T fans, do you root for X to win every game except when they play T?

As a member of a parish that splits-meaning half go to X and half go to T, I find myself pulling for the kids playing for T in football. In last years playoffs, I cheered for Flynn, Spoelker, Hughes, Wietlauf, Lyons, Carrico, Hoffman to have success on the field individually. On the baseball side, we play(ed) on summer teams with alot of the Trinity kids so I pull strongly for Coach Tompkins to win every game except one. He is such a class individual and sets great example for his players including the senior prom thing.

Honestly, I used to prior to Beatty. I disagree with the way some things have been handled over there since he's been around, therefore I cheer against them in every in-state game but one, as I dislike Redman moreso than Beatty. If they play a team from outside the state, I'll pull for them. As soon as Beatty is gone, I'll cheer for them in every game but one.

Honestly, I used to prior to Beatty. I disagree with the way some things have been handled over there since he's been around, therefore I cheer against them in every in-state game but one, as I dislike Redman moreso than Beatty. If they play a team from outside the state, I'll pull for them. As soon as Beatty is gone, I'll cheer for them in every game but one.

WOW!! As a parent under Beatty, I have a great deal of respect for Beatty. He never treated my kids or me with anything but fairness and respect. As I have heard him say, "I don't have many 18 year old freinds", but I find him very freindly off the field. My guess is that the biggest problem outside Trinity have with Coach Beatty is that he beats them.

As far as pulling for X, most of the time I do.

I pull for X every game we aren't playing them.

The reasons:

Family ties (actually more ties to X than T, just stronger ones at T :D)

Kids-I know WAY too many X kids to not pull for them. Many are/were friends of my own kids. It would be wrong to not pull for them just because they went to X.

As the old saying goes, "There but for the Grace of God....". :D

I think all too often the common thread we share of a Catholic education and belief system gets forgotten by some fans from both St. X and Trinity. As jimmyref and rockmom eluded too above, a large majority of kids from both schools went to the same elementary school together were best friends there and still are friends off the field.

We need to embrace anything that brings this much attention to the Catholic High Schools in Kentucky.

So Guru, my answer is:

ALL BUT ONE! GO TIGERS!

It's tough. There are certain teams that I like to see the Xaverians beat (especially Male), but I have a hard time rooting for the Tigers. I'm comfortable admitting that I am bitter about all the losses we suffered to X in my four years at Trinity (we'd hit kind of a bump). Football was pretty even, but we took a lot of losses in a lot of other sports. I'm still a little salty... but I'm getting better.

I even sat with some Xaverian friends of the family last night at the T-X lacrosse games.

That's a big step for me. :D

I even sat with some Xaverian friends of the family last night at the T-X lacrosse games.

That's a big step for me. :D

It couldn't have been that big. It should have been quite an enjoyable evening for you sitting next to them given the outcome.

I actually am not Bob's biggest fan, as far as relationships go. But, without question, he is the premeir coach, IMO, in the state, and maximizes the potential of all people involved with Trinity Football.