Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Whitley County

Featured Replies

Looking back it does not look like anyone was too excited or fired up.....except for the ones looking to degrade the colonels.....I guess it is all a matter of prespective.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we are in the dead period, can anyone tell me how the Colonels did in the passing leagues? I did heard that they beat Wiliamsburg and won the fight too. Other than that I have not been hearing anything..Where is Bubba when you need him??

 

How quickly we forget whom tried to degrade whom.:D

Nobody is saying that Whitley has the history or tradition that some schools have but they have never been the reciepiant of too many transfers either, in fact they have lost a ton a good players over the years. It would be interesting to see where they could have been if they had been able to keep their kids.

 

Oh, cry me a river. WC can only blame themselves for losing players. Nobody forced those kids to leave, they were obviously were in an unhappy enviornment. Besides, you aren't the only one to lose some good players to other schools...just the only one to whine about it. No sympathy here. :devil:

Oh, cry me a river. WC can only blame themselves for losing players. Nobody forced those kids to leave, they were obviously were in an unhappy enviornment. Besides, you aren't the only one to lose some good players to other schools...just the only one to whine about it. No sympathy here. :devil:

 

I was not whining or complaining, only stating a fact, Whitley has lost several good players, for whatever reason it is a fact, and it would have been nice to retain them, that is problem that Whitley has faced. Was not loking for sympathy. I was not blaming anyone, once again only stating fact, that they moved. Also Whitley has never been too lucky in getting players that were impact players, certainly they have had nice players move in but some schools are just more lucky in that respect.

 

I was actually alluding to the fact that Whitley DOES NOT have the history or tradition of other schools, and that in and of itself makes it tought to keep kids.

 

I was not making a big deal but you seem to be.

Now that we are in the dead period, can anyone tell me how the Colonels did in the passing leagues? I did heard that they beat Wiliamsburg and won the fight too. Other than that I have not been hearing anything..Where is Bubba when you need him??

 

 

That is getting fired up???? It was a question and stating what I had heard....and looking for anwsers, basicly stating that I heard Whitley won and heard there was a fight.

 

Getting fired up would have looked a whole lot different.

I read in the Times that Jim Black has not settled on a QB, I find that very interesting.

from what a member of the coaching staff told me, it was more a pushing match because a couple of players got tangled up after a play. I was told burg led by as many as 12 points but got gassed (most of there boys are playing iron man and are mainly sophmore and Freshman) toward the end of the game and gave up 2 big plays at the end and was pretty much scoring on WC at will until Moses had a bad throw for an int that turned the game around. However he said that WC had improved quite a bit on the passing game and looked to be more balanced this year. Regardless goodluck to WC this season and Coach Black always a class act. WC and Williamsburg will always be rivals in no matter what they do and I personally would love to see WC and Williamsburg meet in the regular season.

Looks like the Nasty Boys are back!!!! Nothing wrong with getting a lil excited in a competitive matchup.

I agree with Apex, and dont believe he was crying. I know 2 players he was alluding. Both were fine young men and would have been tremendous assets to the Colonels. I dont care what team you are if you lose that caliber a player, you will suffer and on the opposite wherever they decide to play that team would only benefit. As was the case. Those 2 players I believe he was talking about had great careers at a school north of Whitley County H.S..

 

Noble is right also. These two schools will always compete at everything, there is a rivalry. Only being a couple of miles apart, kids know one another, and pride factor always plays a part when these 2 compete in anything. The one that wins, retains bragging rights. In the end should Whitley beat the Burg most of the time? Probably. Jackets have been one of the premier passing teams in the state, and for the Colonels to beat them at their own game, they deserve a pat on the back. We can point out the weaknesses of the Jackets, but bottom line the Colonels did not light up the scoreboard last year and to see them have some success to build upon is great. The Colonel fans might be the only ones doing it, but if the Burg won the shoe would have been on the other foot.

 

For someone to get on here and belittle what some kids have accomplished is silly. In the end, it is all about the kids anyway. This entire thread was what do the Colonels need to do to improve on last years season, they needed to become more efficient at throwing the ball. It sounds like they have done that. What other areas have they improved upon, and what do they need to work still?

I read in the Times that Jim Black has not settled on a QB, I find that very interesting.

 

 

I would imagine that he won't settle on one until late in Summer practice. With Blacks reputation for offensive prowress, he might find a way to get both on the field and use them both to throw the football. It would definately give the defense more options to defend.

Certainly if he can get them both on the field at the same time it would be a plus for the offense, along with all the other guys he will have a available. Defensively it will be interesting to see who will be going both ways. Last year it he tried to limit the number going both ways, with the influx of freshmen and sophomores the number could only be one or two and that will be a plus for the whole team.

 

The Big question will be a special teams....who is going to punt and kick off? Last year the colonels gave away field position most every game with the lack of a punter and with the departure of Kevin Wells that is a huge question mark, or if they are that much improved punting may not even be a problem. I remember back in the 90's Whitley went to the 6th game of the season without a punt. (for the ones without a sense of humor that last statement I was being sarcastic)

Whitley Co. how many upper classmen did they have in the scrimmage's

I believe the Colonels to be kind of young. I know a lot of the names mentioned are young kids. Not many seniors at all. How many did we lose, and how many do we have coming back?

Whitley will be better this year Coach Black system will be in place 6-4 regular season but the playoffs will be tough.

The Colonels will be better and in a much weaker district. They will be competitive this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.