Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Whitley County

Featured Replies

I guess time will tell in the future what kind of Offense they are running, but did'nt they lose there #1 back to graduation #42 Cody Jefferies, Seems like to me if you lost that kind of back you would have to lean more to the pass pass and more pass kind of offense........

  • Replies 127
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitley did beat Williamsburg at UK., and there was not much of a fight.

Just a little heat of the battle..:fight: ..... I did hear that the Colonels did win a few games and have improved, leaps and bounds as compared to last years 2-8 team.. The question still remains what kind of offense will the Colonels run.. There was alot of talk about the qb. taking snaps from under the center.:confused:

I DID'NT KNOW THEY KEPT SCORE IN 7 ON7 I thought it was to work on some offense of stuff. Everybody will find out when teams put the pads on who is for real and who is all talk.

Well they may not keep official score, but if you don't have a winner and a loser why play?

 

 

In the real world score is kept and eveyone knows it, it does not have to be on the score board.

I know they do keep score at the UK passing camp. It is good to hear the Colonels beat the Jackets at their own game. Will the Moses kid be able to fill the shoes of Frazier and Greer? Did the Colonels look good throwing the ball? What does the "hodgepodge" offense have in it? So many questions.

I DID'NT KNOW THEY KEPT SCORE IN 7 ON7 I thought it was to work on some offense of stuff. Everybody will find out when teams put the pads on who is for real and who is all talk.

 

Hey! why you sceaming? I was stating some facts that happened in the scrimmage when the two teams played... Whitley won and Williamsburg lost..

From what I heard it was pretty close but the fact still remains Whitley beat the burg at there own game...... I have to ask this question. Has Colonel Air took flight??:jump: And yes they keep score on a 7 on 7 tournament... Even the D can get you some points, so yes there is a point talley at the end of game.......

How can the defense score?

Hey! why you sceaming? I was stating some facts that happened in the scrimmage when the two teams played... Whitley won and Williamsburg lost..

From what I heard it was pretty close but the fact still remains Whitley beat the burg at there own game...... I have to ask this question. Has Colonel Air took flight??:jump: And yes they keep score on a 7 on 7 tournament... Even the D can get you some points, so yes there is a point talley at the end of game.......

If its a passing scrimmage wouldnt eveyones game be passing? D can score on INT and a stop. Some let you run INT back some stop on Int.

How many points does the D get for a stop and interception? I talked to some players for the Colonels and they seem to be much more comfortable with the offense this year. I hear they are becoming so good they dont even need those wristbands anymore.

I heard that Williamsburg led by as much as 12 and Whitley came back after the pillow fight and won by 2. Before all the bragging takes place for either team I think we should see how the season gets started.

I agree with APEX! Why do people keep score or trophies if it doesn't matter, that reminds me how many state titles does whitley have, wait that is too big of a goal, how many region titles, wait again to big, how many district titles, wait to big, how many one A schools can they beat? Truth is whitley will be better, now that they are in a smaller district, they should win!

No need to get too fired up Mr. Fundamental. It is what it is. I think most Colonel fans are very well satisified with the state of athletics and feel that they are doing the best they can. It is true that some do set their goals a bit higher, but hey a C is a very good grade in some courses. Whitley has bigger fish to fry and they better be getting the grease hot from the looks of their schedule. I doubt a passin camp win over Williamsburg is serving much good to Coach Black and staff. If I were guessing, I would say Whitley played alot of younger kids in this scrimmage just to give them some experience. Not many programs in the mountains can show state titles on regular occassions. It has been a long time since the Hounds brought the big trophy home as well. At least they have been in the hunt several times, enough to keep the interest level high.

There are a number of schools that fall into those categories, Mr. Fundamental. There are a number of schools that will benefit from the new alignment. The ones in Whitleys district basically benefit by not having to go through Bell and Rock to win their district. Is the district easier than the one they were playing in ; Madison Central, GRC, Lincoln and Montgomery have been replaced by Clay, Perry Cent., Letcher Cent. and No. Laurel. I think it will be but in no way will it be a cake walk for any of the teams in the new district. I believe Clay has to be the front runner, not knowing much about the rest of the teams. Whitley will be young, almost a JV team as many young kids that they are going to be playing. Hopefully the tough non-district schedule will get them into the play-offs, prepare them for the post season. The pass scrimmage Kentucky was a bigger deal to the Burg, than it was to Whitley, but all the same Whitley has the bragging rights in Williamsburg.:dancingpa

There are a number of schools that fall into those categories, Mr. Fundamental. There are a number of schools that will benefit from the new alignment. The ones in Whitleys district basically benefit by not having to go through Bell and Rock to win their district. Is the district easier than the one they were playing in ; Madison Central, GRC, Lincoln and Montgomery have been replaced by Clay, Perry Cent., Letcher Cent. and No. Laurel. I think it will be but in no way will it be a cake walk for any of the teams in the new district. I believe Clay has to be the front runner, not knowing much about the rest of the teams. Whitley will be young, almost a JV team as many young kids that they are going to be playing. Hopefully the tough non-district schedule will get them into the play-offs, prepare them for the post season. The pass scrimmage Kentucky was a bigger deal to the Burg, than it was to Whitley, but all the same Whitley has the bragging rights in Williamsburg.:dancingpa

 

 

 

:banana: :banana: Let's go Banana's over a 5 A school against a Single A School! I would say that the burg had the JV team out against Whitley but hey what do you call a sophmore QB and the entire recieving core being Fresh and Soph. What does matter is that the Burg will always have high expectations, not concerned with no offense a program that never will amount to a hill of beans, sorry if that offends some, but I am leaving this topic where it should be left, by the dumpester :thumb:

Not to offend anyone but the bottom line is Whitley showed that they are improved in the area of pass defense, and passing the ball for that matter. Last season Whitley could not throw it in the ocean but now have improved. If you look at Whitley they have a ton of young kids in the recieving corp and in the defensive secondary too. Nobody is saying that Whitley has the history or tradition that some schools have but they have never been the reciepiant of too many transfers either, in fact they have lost a ton a good players over the years. It would be interesting to see where they could have been if they had been able to keep their kids.

 

I agree beating Williamsburg is no big thing,(it should not have been this time and it never will be again) in fact it should be a given that they beat them every year or whatever. BUT Williamsburg's bread and butter is throwing the football and Whitley over the last two or three years would have lost to Williamsburg simiply becuase they could have throw on the Colonels at will. Not now, Whitley has improved and belittling that fact does not change it. Whitley County is improving.

 

Whitley County will start to get better and better, and yes they are going to benifit from not having to face some of the better teams like GRC and Madison Central on a yearly basis in the district. That was just the situation and they did the best they could, not eveyone can have a district that allows them to write their name in the playoffs every year (like being in four team distrcit, or having teams that have had little or no success in the district)

 

Most of the teams that the Colonels have lost to in the playoffs were some of the better teams in the state those years IE. Lawrence County, Leslie County, Sheldon Clark just to name a few and making fun of their lack of success is not in the....well I will leave it there.

 

 

I look for Whitley County to have a nice year and for even better things in the future with work ethic of the coaching staff out there.

 

See you in November and then we can have this discussion again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.