April 18, 200719 yr Author I like the Legion kid. Havne heard much about Sanchez. Someone tell me a little bit about him Nevermind, did a little research on Sanchez myself. Can anyone confirm that he was ranked higher than Patterson and Lucas but slipped through the system because of a knee injury causing him to not play his senior year or any AAU ball ? As of right now I believe he is an unranked 3 star. I really love the excitment BG has brought to this program. How long has he been here ? 3 weeks ? A month ? When Tubby left the thought of many, including myself was that if we didnt get Patterson and Lucas we were done. Even if next year's team isnt what we all want to see I have really high hopes for the future. It's nice to see Coach G. working the way he is. I really think we got a good deal with this guy. I'm not sure that the man has slept since he came to Lexington. It's nice to be able to talk about possible recruits and be optimistic about it. Yes, Sanchez was on pace to be a top-40 or -50 player, but he had a knee injury and he fell way down the lists. He planned on entering prep school, but after offers from Kentucky and Wake Forest for this year, he has to rethink his situation. Kentucky probably won't offer him next season, if he decides to go to prep school. They told him that, "we're Kentucky, we're offering you a scholarship." That is the mentality that we need. All of this recruiting is exciting, and I really like the thought of Legion being down to basically going back to Michigan and then the Kentucky opportunity. It's very likely that Kentucky could be with Legion and Sanchez, instead of Lucas and Patterson. Not saying that would happen, but it is a possibility.
April 18, 200719 yr Yes, Sanchez was on pace to be a top-40 or -50 player, but he had a knee injury and he fell way down the lists. He planned on entering prep school, but after offers from Kentucky and Wake Forest for this year, he has to rethink his situation. Kentucky probably won't offer him next season, if he decides to go to prep school. They told him that, "we're Kentucky, we're offering you a scholarship." That is the mentality that we need. All of this recruiting is exciting, and I really like the thought of Legion being down to basically going back to Michigan and then the Kentucky opportunity. It's very likely that Kentucky could be with Legion and Sanchez, instead of Lucas and Patterson. Not saying that would happen, but it is a possibility. How happy would everyone be with that trade ? I wouldnt mind having Legion over Lucas. I can't say much about Sanchez over Patterson because I dont know much about Sanchez.
April 18, 200719 yr Author I think it's pretty tricky. Legion and Lucas could even themselves out. Lucas is the point guard that we need, but Legion is more of a scorer and much, much taller. Sanchez and Patterson is a tough thing. Patterson has the better publicity and sounds much better, but I don't know much about Sanchez. I also think we'll be a lot like UCLA of the past two years. We both have great guards, and unsized fowards. I think the tallest person to start for UCLA during the championship game was 6'8..
April 18, 200719 yr Last two actually....Rondo and Carruth both were more troubling.... Wasn't Cliff Hawkins after Carruth?
April 19, 200719 yr Don't forget about Hawkins....He was an Oak Hill guy too But Hawkins actually ended up doing alot of good for the team....
April 19, 200719 yr If Legion shows up at Thunder hopefully it isn't with a UK player, been there done that (ask Sean Woods why).
April 19, 200719 yr Author Scout says: Kentucky - High Interest Connecticut - Medium Interest Kansas - Low Interest Michigan - Low Interest UCLA - No Interest
April 19, 200719 yr Author He'll be a Bruin from what I'm hearing... Didn't know much about this recruit, did ya? Nah, I am just messing with you. Scout says that he has high interest in Kentucky, medium in Connecticut, and low in both Kansas and Michigan; no interest in UCLA. Since his mom said that Connecticut and UCLA are out of the picture, would that mean Kentucky is the only one he is really interested in besides Kansas and Michigan which are both classified as "low interest." I want to say that I have a gut feeling that he'll be a Wildcat, but I don't want a backlash if I do. For some reason, I am picturing Gator fans worried if we get Legion. So, I'm predicting Legion to Kentucky or back to Michigan.
April 19, 200719 yr Didn't know much about this recruit, did ya? Nah, I am just messing with you. It was great info before momma stepped in... :irked: :lol:
April 19, 200719 yr Author It was great info before momma stepped in... :irked: :lol: Momma has a say in everyone's situation... and rightfully so.
April 19, 200719 yr Momma has a say in everyone's situation... and rightfully so. I just didn't realize how out of the loop Green kept her. Very unusual story to watch unfold...
April 19, 200719 yr Author I just didn't realize how out of the loop Green kept her. Very unusual story to watch unfold... From what I understand, Green wanted him at a more high-profile school - and the Blue isn't a basketball school, by any means. Ultimately, I think his parents would have had a decision in what he decided, and I like the decision that his mom made... it's actually helpful for Kentucky.
April 19, 200719 yr It must be the fad for the 2007 class to let their mothers make the decisions for them
April 19, 200719 yr It had more to do with UM being a place above average players went to vanish. I can't say it's bad advice based on recent history. Keep in mind he re-opened his recruitment at this time last year as well. He very well could end up at UK, but it will be with some baggage...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.