Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Women: Big News Tomorrow

Featured Replies

I can respect that, coaching takes its toll on the body and spirit.

:thumb: I can certainly attest to that!

 

In a way I still look for her to take a job elsewhere at some point. Isn't the Duke job open? Maybe she has info that Pat Summit will be retiring soon. (no, I don't know that or have not even heard it - just as guess)

 

At any rate, I wish Coach DeMoss well. She is a class act and a VERY good basketball coach.:thumb:

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has nothing to do with this situation, but it's interesting.

 

Actually, before Patricia Sue Head and Tennessee became Pat Summitt and Tennessee, she actually wanted to be the coach at Kentucky. She was the coach at UT-Martin and would have been the next coach at Kentucky, but the Kentucky Athletic Department wouldn't pay for her living expenses/moving to get her up here. Therefore, she took the Tennessee job.

:thumb: You are correct.

Wow those moving expenses changed history!

DeMoss has resigned after 30 years in the coaching business. Mitch Barnhart gets no rest...

Mitch Barnhart is too arrogant, he will use this as another (I am king)statement when searching for another coach :rolleyes: :sssh:

 

JMO and I agree with his hires of DeMoss, Cohen and Gillispie. I do think that he should have given Tubby more backing other than just saying "Tubby is our coach", maybe when he stopped short of giving him a full endorsement he knew that Tubby was leaving then though. I don't know. I just do not like his arrogant (all about me) personality.

  • Author

I wonder if Mitch will stay "bunkered" in his house for a week looking for the right coach...

Wow those moving expenses changed history!

Do ya think ??? :scared: :lol: Just like when U.K. let Bear Bryant get away - at that time I guess Lexington wasn't big enough for Rupp and the "Bear". Thinking about that possibility, what a legacy and tradition in both basketball and football U.K. would have had ;) . Add P. Summit to th mix years later and think of the string of titles U.K. would own in womens b.b. as well.:eek:

 

You know what they say about "if and buts" though. :D

Mitch is a class act. He agreed to have a tree and plaque put outside the new practice facility for a deceased custodail employee,so you tell me how many arrogant self centered AD's would ok that.

:laugh: :laugh:

I wonder if Mitch will stay "bunkered" in his house for a week looking for the right coach...

Hilarious!!

Kentucky should go after Al Brown. I'm not a huge women's basketball fan, but this guy is great. He is a fabulous motivator and has world's of experience. I got to hear him speak at a banquet in Knoxville a few years ago, and he had me ready to strap on my helmet and shoulder pads one more time.

Is the Duke job still open?

From TCP...

 

 

 

"I just completed my 30th year of coaching and I think anybody who has been around coaching or athletics knows the demands it takes on your time," DeMoss said. "I always knew after 30 years I was going to step back and assess where I was personally and professionally and that's what I've done. It was a hard decision because of the support I've had here at Kentucky.

 

"It's been a great run for four years. When I was hired here I was hired to rejuvenate a program and get it back onto the national scene and I feel like we've done that. It's just time for me to make a life decision and that's what I've done. I am not planning to coach for a while. I just need time to myself right now."

I wish her the best. I've enjoyed watching the ladies play since she's been there.

She should've told Mitch that BEFORE he gave her the extension. :p

Mitch Barnhart is too arrogant, he will use this as another (I am king)statement when searching for another coach :rolleyes: :sssh:

 

JMO and I agree with his hires of DeMoss, Cohen and Gillispie. I do think that he should have given Tubby more backing other than just saying "Tubby is our coach", maybe when he stopped short of giving him a full endorsement he knew that Tubby was leaving then though. I don't know. I just do not like his arrogant (all about me) personality.

 

Yeah b/c when he was hiring the new basketball coach he was all over every media outlet and made it all about him. :rolleyes:

Who will UK look to next?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.