Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Barnes????

Featured Replies

  • Author
Its pretty obvious from media reports that Donovan was #1. Then they asked to speak to Barnes. His response was that he had no interest in the job. They then went on to Gillispie. Why is this so hard for rabid UK fans to accept? After Sutton, Pitino wasn't the first guy contacted. They were turned down by a couple of others. That turned out OK.

 

I am so glad you know so much about the situation. From what I have heard from certain people who would honestly know, Rick Barnes just isnt a great coach. Hes a great recruiter and not a great coach. From everything Ive heard (other than Forde and Katz) Barnes wasnt that strong of an option.

 

You should quit letting your hate for UK affect every comment you make. :thumb:

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its pretty obvious from media reports that Donovan was #1. Then they asked to speak to Barnes. His response was that he had no interest in the job. They then went on to Gillispie. Why is this so hard for rabid UK fans to accept? After Sutton, Pitino wasn't the first guy contacted. They were turned down by a couple of others. That turned out OK.

 

 

Who cares! We have our new coach now, and I think most people are pretty happy with the outcome.

 

:dancingpa

He was offered and accepted.

 

Nothing went public.

 

When he went back to Texas and talked to the AD he was given a raise, as was all of his asst. coaches and a pledge to upgrade some things at Texas.

 

 

This was told to me about 30 minutes ago from someone who works in the Athletic Department.

I am so glad you know so much about the situation. From what I have heard from certain people who would honestly know, Rick Barnes just isnt a great coach. Hes a great recruiter and not a great coach. From everything Ive heard (other than Forde and Katz) Barnes wasnt that strong of an option.

 

You should quit letting your hate for UK affect every comment you make. :thumb:

Haven't you guys with "sources" learned your lesson? Show me the "hate for UK" in that post. I just pointed out the facts as they were reported by the professionals and not the cousin of some guy that works at the bank that Mitch uses. Note the part of the post where I say that a previous consolation pick (Pitino) worked out OK.

Who cares! We have our new coach now, and I think most people are pretty happy with the outcome.

 

:dancingpa

 

Wasn't that the point of my post?

I'm just glad Barnes N Noble isn't the coach, however it happened.

I don't know about devastated but I certainly would had been extremely ticked off :D Gillispie is THE best man for the job, including Donavan - Gillispie WANTED to be here, that is the difference. Imo Donovan wanted a negotiating tool.

The fact that he WANTS to be here means he is the man for the job!! I find it refreshing that we have a man that lives and breathes basketball,but has no EGO to feed! Billy D.......go back to the gator country where the wine and the women are free!!!

IMO I believe we came out just fine. I think Gillespie displayed the enthusiasm, energy, and humbleness necessary to win over the fans. As always time will tell. Also, I was never a big fan of Barnes.

Just glad Barnes is not here...not impressed with his decisions in close games

According to the TExas AM website, posted the link in another of the Billy G threads, UK asked and received permission to talk to Billy G at 7:00 PM on THURSDAY night. Things moved rather quickly with him.

  • Author
Define all of us. Your sycophantic relationship with anything UK makes your opinion more meaningless to the rest of us.:thumb:

 

I usually look at things objectively. I dont get on and try to bash a team at every opportunity. I have better things to do.

Gilespie is a better coach than Barnes, a much better coach. If we would have gotten Barnes, I would have been devastated.

Me too.

And just because UK asked permission to talk to him doesn't mean he was their 2nd choice.

I'm tickled to death with Billy Clyde. He is the best choice, even better than Billy D. The Donavon thing was going to be too awkward.....going back to play at Florida once a year with his name written on the court and the crowd making every kind of negative sign possible. Donavon made a wise decision, and UK got just as good a recruiter (which,btw, Barnes is as well) and coach (which Barnes lacks)....

so both are happy now.

Me too.

And just because UK asked permission to talk to him doesn't mean he was their 2nd choice.

I'm tickled to death with Billy Clyde. He is the best choice, even better than Billy D. The Donavon thing was going to be too awkward.....going back to play at Florida once a year with his name written on the court and the crowd making every kind of negative sign possible. Donavon made a wise decision, and UK got just as good a recruiter (which,btw, Barnes is as well) and coach (which Barnes lacks)....

so both are happy now.

:thumb:

Uk got the best guy they could....2nd, 3rd, 8th, ot 9th choice...who cares? They have THEIR coach now..and he is darned good. I will enjoy next year's ho hum season by the Cats because it could be awhile after that.....

To paraphrase something I have said to my two small children....

 

Don't make me stop this Internet and come back there.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.