April 5, 200719 yr He's committed to fully funding, all 22 Varsity sports. The Baseball program, is competing with the elite, Womens Basketball is on the up, Golf and Swimming are doing well, along with Softball and Tennis....Football, yes I said it, is better than previously. Just my thoughts, but I feel Barnhart has done a very good job. You are right. Competition in the SEC is very, very good and he has helped to get UK in the mix in most every sport.
April 5, 200719 yr Oh the irony... "This decision will define Barnhart's career." "What is taking Barnhart so long?" I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing he cares about his career...
April 5, 200719 yr Didn't care, about the other programs....surely, you jest. Perhaps you mean, fans may not follow as much, unless a friend or relative is playing but I can assure you, many fans care about other sports that Basketball. As for Basketball, Tubby Smith won the 3rd most games, in his tenure at UK, than ANY coach in the nation and still wasn't good enough.... I agree with you. I think the problem with Tubby wasnt what he has done but where it appears the program is going. We are looking at a 2nd to 4th place finish in the East again next year especially if Florida players stay another year.
April 5, 200719 yr He has done a good job at bringing other programs up, but now its time for him to try to bring the most important program up. The other programs wasn't as much pressure because they were never winners, and well people didn't care to much for them. Yet he just cant bring in a guy who will do just a very good job, he has to find someone who will do a great job. This coaching search will have alot to do with if he is a very good AD or not... I agree about 95%. The UK fans DO care about football, but not as much as hoops, but they do care. But you are right that there is MUCH more pressure on Mitch with this hire and he knows it! I believe not rushing the process is the right thing. Would you rather have a ton of UK fans furious over who he hires for years and just nervous for a couple of weeks. We didn't have a coach when Sutton resigned for almost 2 & 1/2 months! That was because Lute Olsen walked away, Pitino turned them down the first time, and CM Newton wasn't sold on PJ Carlisimo. He went back to Pitino and the rest is history.
April 5, 200719 yr If Biily D's boys all go pro, Florida will not be very good next year. Probably not even top 30. He signed only 1 top 50 last year and he was ranked like 48th. This could be another reason th come to KY.
April 5, 200719 yr I'm just going to go ahead and guess that Barnhart doesn't care about "Louisville and its surrounding area". If that were true, then UK needs to replace him today.
April 5, 200719 yr If Biily D's boys all go pro, Florida will not be very good next year. Probably not even top 30. He signed only 1 top 50 last year and he was ranked like 48th. This could be another reason th come to KY. In my opinion some will stay and some will go. UF won't be as good, but will be pretty good next year with or without Donovan.
April 5, 200719 yr If that were true, then UK needs to replace him today. I agree. In fact I just passed by UofL on southbound I65 and saw a brand new UK football billboard. I wonder why he would spend that money to show he doesn't care.
April 5, 200719 yr oldrambler at a loss for words, you don't see that every day. Question, did you see the split screen Monday night of Tressel and Urban? Who was having more fun? I heard while down in South Carolina this week that Spurrier called Foley and congratulated him on another win over "Runner-up State".:lol: LSURock, you think that I was at a loss for words? Not hardly. As usual you are wrong again . I just thought better of how I responded to yet another :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: post by LSU As for the Treseel /Meyer comment, what does that have to do with Barnhart taking so long??? Another comment by you that makes no sense and is wrong. Which I believe that I am correct in that was the title of this thread :irked: As for the last commment which also makes absolutely no sense, I just consider the source of the post and then they all make pefect sense. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :lol: :lol: I should had left you on the infamous "I" list before, That was my fault and I will not make that mistake again. So if you should ever come up with anything that makes any sense, I will miss it.
April 5, 200719 yr Barnhart has done a good job as AD. I'll admit I wasn't thrilled with the hire of Brooks, or letting Guy Morris get away, but anyone who knows anything about football knows that Morris was going to have a couple of down yrs. I think in hindsight Brooks has proven to be a good hire. As far as Ky. not caring about football, I think this is the biggest misconception out there. Look at the facilities,the money being paid to coaches, etc. As far as the fans, look at how many fans went to the Music City bowl. Ky. sells over 40,000 season tickets every yr. I heard on the news last yr. that WVU was elated that they had sold almost 35,000 season tickets and they were a pre-season top ten team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.