April 5, 200719 yr Billy Donovan has been quoted numerous times saying that he has not been contacted by UK. What is taking Barnhart so long? Pretty soon Donovan will be on his trip and we'll have to wait another week to ask him. At least if we ask him now he can think about it on his trip!!!
April 5, 200719 yr Billy Donovan has been quoted numerous times saying that he has not been contacted by UK. What is taking Barnhart so long? Pretty soon Donovan will be on his trip and we'll have to wait another week to ask him. At least if we ask him now he can think about it on his trip!!! He may not have been contacted personally, but if you think Donovan's agent hasn't been in touch with UK, you're crazy.
April 5, 200719 yr Billy Donovan has been quoted numerous times saying that he has not been contacted by UK. What is taking Barnhart so long? Pretty soon Donovan will be on his trip and we'll have to wait another week to ask him. At least if we ask him now he can think about it on his trip!!! When, since the Final 4 ended, has Mitch had the chance to talk to Billy? Have you seen his schedule for the last 2 days (yes the final game was less than 48 hours ago). In his 4pm press conference he said it has been non-stop and he hasn't had the time yet to decompress, let alone talk about the future. I wouldn't hit the panic button over 2 days of non contact (with Billy, we all know there has been tons of contact with the agent).
April 5, 200719 yr Its been 2 weeks, it takes longer than that to make the right decision chill. And its only been 2 days since BIlly D's season ended. Have enough respect for him to let him enjoy his title.
April 5, 200719 yr Its been 2 weeks, it takes longer than that to make the right decision chill. And its only been 2 days since BIlly D's season ended. Have enough respect for him to let him enjoy his title. UK fans respecting another team's basketball program??? :lol: :lol: That's a good one...
April 5, 200719 yr UK fans respecting another team's basketball program??? :lol: :lol: That's a good one... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And people wonder why I tend to be so hard on 'Cat fans ...
April 5, 200719 yr Author He may not have been contacted personally, but if you think Donovan's agent hasn't been in touch with UK, you're crazy. I never said his agent hasn't. But why if thats the case why hasn't Billy come out and said "My agent has been contacted and we are not making a choice at this time" or something like that? This whole situation is just really odd.
April 5, 200719 yr I had a similar discussion with a friend today who asked me this.... What if Billy D is purposefully stalling UK before saying no to simply hamper recruiting? He is coaching a major conference foe.....Such a move would cripple UK for a few years. My response was that if he is doing such a thing you can bet that he jumps to the NBA in 2 or 3 years because at some point such a move would haunt him.
April 5, 200719 yr I never said his agent hasn't. But why if thats the case why hasn't Billy come out and said "My agent has been contacted and we are not making a choice at this time" or something like that? This whole situation is just really odd. You're Billy Donovan. Why WOULD you say that?
April 5, 200719 yr I never said his agent hasn't. But why if thats the case why hasn't Billy come out and said "My agent has been contacted and we are not making a choice at this time" or something like that? This whole situation is just really odd. He admitted he didn't know if his agent had been contact or not. By denying he knows anything he is driving up the market and allowing some resemblence of respect if he does choose to leave. I say this is why Barnhart has been so quiet as well. Appearence is everything and talking to a coach while he is preparing for a final four would not appear right. This is also the main reason for the search firms IMO. It allows communication without either party having to lie about being in direct contact with each other.
April 5, 200719 yr Barnhart is not all that good of an AD. With that said....there is no right path to replacing a man in this type of scenario...this is a huge task for him...he needs to get it right...the future of UK basketball is dependent on it. I think about how tough it will be at Duke when Krzyzewski steps down, and it is scary. Though, I have the feeling that Caoch K will either step down right after his next championship..or will give them notice at the beginning of the year.
April 5, 200719 yr Author Barnhart is not all that good of an AD. With that said....there is no right path to replacing a man in this type of scenario...this is a huge task for him...he needs to get it right...the future of UK basketball is dependent on it. I think about how tough it will be at Duke when Krzyzewski steps down, and it is scary. Though, I have the feeling that Caoch K will either step down right after his next championship..or will give them notice at the beginning of the year. Im shocked that you brought up something about Duke... What proof do you have he isn't a good AD? The football, womens basketball, and baseball programs are vastly improved along with many other sports.
April 5, 200719 yr ^ I am going with what I have heard from many fans of both UK and those he left in Corvallis.....Barnhart has to be innovative..he has yet to do so. The baseball scenario has worked...but let's not crown anything crazy to football and women's basketball just yet.
April 5, 200719 yr I am with Jim. Whether he takes the job or not, Mitch and his people have spoken with Billy's people. The ball will be in Coach Donovan's court on what he will do. I want him at UK, but respect and understand whatever decision he makes. There are lots of good reasons for staying put and also lots for coming to UK. If Mitch truly wants Billy (and he does), he will give him the time he needs to make his decision. Not TOO much time, but time.
April 5, 200719 yr Barnhart is not all that good of an AD. With that said....there is no right path to replacing a man in this type of scenario...this is a huge task for him...he needs to get it right...the future of UK basketball is dependent on it. I think about how tough it will be at Duke when Krzyzewski steps down, and it is scary. Though, I have the feeling that Caoch K will either step down right after his next championship..or will give them notice at the beginning of the year.I'll disagree with you, on Barnhart. I think he's done a very good job, as Athletic Director through this point. I'm not a fan, of the escalating ticket prices in Football but overall, he's done a solid job. What can you elaborate on, to say he's not that good?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.