April 5, 200719 yr How long has Barnhart been UK's AD????Barnhart was hired in 2002, mid summer I believe.
April 5, 200719 yr I'll disagree with you, on Barnhart. I think he's done a very good job, as Athletic Director through this point. I'm not a fan, of the escalating ticket prices in Football but overall, he's done a solid job. What can you elaborate on, to say he's not that good? Like I said he is not an innovator...he is mum..when people need to see his leadership...he has not stepped out on a limb, and made that shocking move to make himself known...I guess he may not be doing a bad job...he's just doing a "safe" job...and that won't be what brings UK to the top of any of their sports.
April 5, 200719 yr Like I said he is not an innovator...he is mum..when people need to see his leadership...he has not stepped out on a limb, and made that shocking move to make himself known...I guess he may not be doing a bad job...he's just doing a "safe" job...and that won't be what brings UK to the top of any of their sports. That's why offering $4.5 million or some other extravagant amount to Bill Donovan would be good for him and his "credibility" at UK. I know he's doing a good job and improving all of the so-called minor sports, but football and basketball are where you make the big splash.
April 5, 200719 yr Like I said he is not an innovator...he is mum..when people need to see his leadership...he has not stepped out on a limb, and made that shocking move to make himself known...I guess he may not be doing a bad job...he's just doing a "safe" job...and that won't be what brings UK to the top of any of their sports.He's committed to fully funding, all 22 Varsity sports. The Baseball program, is competing with the elite, Womens Basketball is on the up, Golf and Swimming are doing well, along with Softball and Tennis....Football, yes I said it, is better than previously. Just my thoughts, but I feel Barnhart has done a very good job.
April 5, 200719 yr I'll disagree with you, on Barnhart. I think he's done a very good job, as Athletic Director through this point. I'm not a fan, of the escalating ticket prices in Football but overall, he's done a solid job. What can you elaborate on, to say he's not that good? He has done a good job at bringing other programs up, but now its time for him to try to bring the most important program up. The other programs wasn't as much pressure because they were never winners, and well people didn't care to much for them. Yet he just cant bring in a guy who will do just a very good job, he has to find someone who will do a great job. This coaching search will have alot to do with if he is a very good AD or not...
April 5, 200719 yr He has done a good job at bringing other programs up, but now its time for him to try to bring the most important program up. The other programs wasn't as much pressure because they were never winners, and well people didn't care to much for them. Yet he just cant bring in a guy who will do just a very good job, he has to find someone who will do a great job. This coaching search will have alot to do with if he is a very good AD or not... I agree with this 100%
April 5, 200719 yr He has done a good job at bringing other programs up, but now its time for him to try to bring the most important program up. The other programs wasn't as much pressure because they were never winners, and well people didn't care to much for them. Yet he just cant bring in a guy who will do just a very good job, he has to find someone who will do a great job. This coaching search will have alot to do with if he is a very good AD or not... I know what you are saying about the "most important program." That doesn't mean the other sports aren't important, but you have to be successful in football and basketball to fund everything else.
April 5, 200719 yr He has done a good job at bringing other programs up, but now its time for him to try to bring the most important program up. The other programs wasn't as much pressure because they were never winners, and well people didn't care to much for them. Yet he just cant bring in a guy who will do just a very good job, he has to find someone who will do a great job. This coaching search will have alot to do with if he is a very good AD or not...Didn't care, about the other programs....surely, you jest. Perhaps you mean, fans may not follow as much, unless a friend or relative is playing but I can assure you, many fans care about other sports that Basketball. As for Basketball, Tubby Smith won the 3rd most games, in his tenure at UK, than ANY coach in the nation and still wasn't good enough....
April 5, 200719 yr If we wait another 2 weeks,we're looking at Hobbs taking over the team!! :scared: :cry: :eek::scared:
April 5, 200719 yr I think Barnhart has done a solid job. He took alot of heat over Rich Brooks but patience appears to be paying of for the football program. Baseball and Womens basketball have been upgraded dramatically.
April 5, 200719 yr I think Barnhart has done a solid job. He took alot of heat over Rich Brooks but patience appears to be paying of for the football program. Baseball and Womens basketball have been upgraded dramatically. I agree and think that when you look at the entire landscape of UK sports it reveals that Barnhart has done a fantastic job. For many UK fans, however, the fact that he didn't give them the satisfaction they wanted by seeing Tubby fired makes it so that no matter what he does, it isn't good enough. If Barnhart did what he did at UK as AD of an NAIA school, he would get instant looks from D-IA schools. Improvement like that across the board should be commended, IMO.
April 5, 200719 yr He may not have been contacted personally, but if you think Donovan's agent hasn't been in touch with UK, you're crazy. The contact between the parties has existed for close to 4 weeks.
April 5, 200719 yr Barnhart is not all that good of an AD. With that said....there is no right path to replacing a man in this type of scenario...this is a huge task for him...he needs to get it right...the future of UK basketball is dependent on it. I think about how tough it will be at Duke when Krzyzewski steps down, and it is scary. Though, I have the feeling that Caoch K will either step down right after his next championship..or will give them notice at the beginning of the year. Hogwash on him not being a good AD. What do you base that on?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.