Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is taking Barnhart so long?

Featured Replies

Like I said he is not an innovator...he is mum..when people need to see his leadership...he has not stepped out on a limb, and made that shocking move to make himself known...I guess he may not be doing a bad job...he's just doing a "safe" job...and that won't be what brings UK to the top of any of their sports.

Not an innovator. Hmm.

He has reshaped the entire athletics prgoram, and is the first to do so at UK.

The athletic department makes money and donates a fair amount of money to the school itself.

Took the flagship station for UK use in WHAS.

Spearheaded the drive for the state of the art practice facility.

Next on the list will be football renovations.

Maybe he is not brash and doesn't usw a bully pulpit to show his bravado.

I think he has done a good job.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with this 100%

I dont agree it will be his fault if he doesn't get Donovan.

We are talking about trying to sign a coach who currently has the championship belt two years running. It would be an unprecendented move, if Donovan comes.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

 

And people wonder why I tend to be so hard on 'Cat fans ... :D

 

 

 

 

Been a fan of UK my whole life. But the worst part about being a fan of UK, is other UK fans.

I think Jurich is probably one of the best in the country and Mitch is not far behind. If he can land Donavan then he moves up even further.

The contact between the parties has existed for close to 4 weeks.

Yet Billy says in this morning's paper that he has yet to be contacted. He is telling the "truth" if you are right and the contact has been between his agent and UK but it sure isn't exactly honest. After all this is over I hope the UK faithful drop the Coach Petrino bashing and realize that is the way business is done these days. Sad but true. I wonder if Billy has talked to his agent, that has talked to UK? Pretty slippery slope in the honesty department. JMO, of course.

Not an innovator. Hmm.

He has reshaped the entire athletics prgoram, and is the first to do so at UK.

The athletic department makes money and donates a fair amount of money to the school itself.

Took the flagship station for UK use in WHAS.

Spearheaded the drive for the state of the art practice facility.

Next on the list will be football renovations.

Maybe he is not brash and doesn't usw a bully pulpit to show his bravado.

I think he has done a good job.

He was full of some real "bravado" during the whole "Tuna" expedition.:D

Billy Donovan has been quoted numerous times saying that he has not been contacted by UK. What is taking Barnhart so long? Pretty soon Donovan will be on his trip and we'll have to wait another week to ask him. At least if we ask him now he can think about it on his trip!!!

Donovan may not have been contacted but imo you can bet that his agent and lawyers have. ;) This U.K. job is Donovans to turn down. That fact is obvious. JMO but I think that we wil have an answer from him by Sat..

Yet Billy says in this morning's paper that he has yet to be contacted. He is telling the "truth" if you are right and the contact has been between his agent and UK but it sure isn't exactly honest. After all this is over I hope the UK faithful drop the Coach Petrino bashing and realize that is the way business is done these days. Sad but true. I wonder if Billy has talked to his agent, that has talked to UK? Pretty slippery slope in the honesty department. JMO, of course.

DELETED by oldrambler, Not worth it.

DELETED by oldrambler, Not worth it.

 

oldrambler at a loss for words, you don't see that every day.

 

Question, did you see the split screen Monday night of Tressel and Urban? Who was having more fun?:D

I heard while down in South Carolina this week that Spurrier called Foley and congratulated him on another win over "Runner-up State".:lol:

Barnhart is not all that good of an AD.

 

:laugh:

Not an innovator. Hmm.

He has reshaped the entire athletics prgoram, and is the first to do so at UK.

The athletic department makes money and donates a fair amount of money to the school itself.

Took the flagship station for UK use in WHAS.

Spearheaded the drive for the state of the art practice facility.

Next on the list will be football renovations.

Maybe he is not brash and doesn't usw a bully pulpit to show his bravado.

I think he has done a good job.

He just had his most important coach run with his tail between his legs, the UK fans have been more upset with the major programs during his tenure than I've ever seen at UK, and he continues to lose fanbase in Louisville and it surrounding area. But if you think that's a good job, so be it.

He just had his most important coach run with his tail between his legs, the UK fans have been more upset with the major programs during his tenure than I've ever seen at UK, and he continues to lose fanbase in Louisville and it surrounding area. But if you think that's a good job, so be it.

 

 

I'm just going to go ahead and guess that Barnhart doesn't care about "Louisville and its surrounding area".

I had a similar discussion with a friend today who asked me this....

 

What if Billy D is purposefully stalling UK before saying no to simply hamper recruiting? He is coaching a major conference foe.....Such a move would cripple UK for a few years. My response was that if he is doing such a thing you can bet that he jumps to the NBA in 2 or 3 years because at some point such a move would haunt him.

 

Donovan does not appear to be that diabolical to me.

 

It's a huge decision that may take a couple of days to make.

I'm just going to go ahead and guess that Barnhart doesn't care about "Louisville and its surrounding area".

I'd have to say that you are way off the mark on this one. UK values the Louisville fan base. Barnhart has worked very hard to reach out to Louisville area fans.

Like I said he is not an innovator...he is mum..when people need to see his leadership...he has not stepped out on a limb, and made that shocking move to make himself known...I guess he may not be doing a bad job...he's just doing a "safe" job...and that won't be what brings UK to the top of any of their sports.

 

Don't you think this entire Tubby Smith situation would be considered "going out on a limb"? IMO he handled it perfectly. Just enough pressure to make TS leave "on his own", so UK can make the change that most everyone wanted. I think it was a very savvy handling by Mitch, especially with all of the national love that TS has.

 

I don't think that hiring BD or not will cement his fate. If he gets him, it will be a major coup for UK, if not, he'll hire the next best coach in line. Mitch can't make BD come to UK, all he can do is his best to persuade him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.