Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forde on Cold Pizza

Featured Replies

What is ultra ironic is how many Kentucky fans, including a good majority of the posters on here, were lambasting the coaching skills of Donovan a couple or three years ago. Now he is their coaching God that they are praying will soon reign in the Bluegrass and take them to college basketball nirvana.

It was about 15 months ago I was blasted for predicting big things from this group of kids at Florida. The reason why? He can recruit but can't coach... ;)

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just about the same, but with more talent and a more exciting style of play...

 

He can't coach.

 

 

I watched games this year when Durant when 8 minutes without touching the ball except for rebounding.......

Just about the same, but with more talent and a more exciting style of play...
I don't see any titles in there. Tubby has more Elite Eights, too.
He can't coach.

 

 

I watched games this year when Durant when 8 minutes without touching the ball except for rebounding.......

I didn't realize Barnes was the PG. Remember it was a team playing ALL freshman and sophomores. They were far from a well oiled machine for long stretches from time to time but I don't think the guy sitting on the bench was the problem. DJ Augustine was simply a streaky player and had a clear weakness distribuiting the ball in the half court. That and the Big 12 is for the most part a tough defensive conference and Durant crushed every scoring record in the books. What an awful coach... :lol:

I don't see any titles in there. Tubby has more Elite Eights, too.

He didn't inherit a roster full of players with championship game experience either... :p

I didn't realize Barnes was the PG. Remember it was a team playing ALL freshman and sophomores. They were far from a well oiled machine for long stretches from time to time but I don't think the guy sitting on the bench was the problem. DJ Augustine was simply a streaky player and had a clear weakness distribuiting the ball in the half court. That and the Big 12 is for the most part a tough defensive conference and Durant crushed every scoring record in the books. What an awful coach... :lol:
I didn't realize that Barnes was holding a 360 controller when Durant did that.
He didn't inherit a roster full of players with championship game experience either... :p
Quoteth Yoda:

 

Once you go down the Dark Path, forever... will it dominate... your destiny.

 

:lol:

I didn't realize that Barnes was holding a 360 controller when Durant did that.

If you are going to blame him for scoring droughts you have to give him credit for when he did get the ball... :p

Barnes would be a nice fit for UK....he would need a good bench coach..one that could help in game situations.

If you are going to blame him for scoring droughts you have to give him credit for when he did get the ball... :p

 

 

I agree, but I stick by my guns.

 

Barnes and Matta cannot coach at a high enough level to last longer than 5 years at UK.

 

Along with the fact that you yourself said it cost $50,000 for Durant and Oden.......

I agree, but I stick by my guns.

 

Barnes and Matta cannot coach at a high enough level to last longer than 5 years at UK.

 

Along with the fact that you yourself said it cost $50,000 for Durant and Oden.......

Never said I had a number for Oden. And it was 150,000 for Durant. But it wasn't against NCAA rules... ;)

Barnes and Matta cannot coach at a high enough level to last longer than 5 years at UK.
Based on what? They've won everywhere they've been.

 

So who would meet your criteria, aside from Donovan?

  • Author

If not Billy D. then lets see...I'll give it two years, and then we will see what we ran off.

It was about 15 months ago I was blasted for predicting big things from this group of kids at Florida. The reason why? He can recruit but can't coach... ;)

And I am guilty as heck, because this was my opinion too.

Now I eat crow. Not bad though, a little tough chewing, but not bad.:p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.