Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forde on Cold Pizza

Featured Replies

And I am guilty as heck, because this was my opinion too.

Now I eat crow. Not bad though, a little tough chewing, but not bad.:p

You get used to it after a while. I have a big plate at least once a week... :D

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If not Billy D. then lets see...I'll give it two years, and then we will see what we ran off.

 

Two years removed from Tubby is a good thing.

He's a old buddy of Mitch's (ala RB) so if BD doesn't come in I wouldn't be shocked.

  • Author
Two years removed from Tubby is a good thing.

 

 

 

 

Talk to me in March, of 09.

You get used to it after a while. I have a big plate at least once a week... :D

Me too.

Hire him as head recruiter, but bring someone else in to coach. Not impressed with him as a coach.

 

Not a good coach? Give me a small break, 25-10 with 4 freshmen starters. Does anyone remember the body of work he put together at Clemson? He played a tough schedule this past season, and we need to realize that nobody can coach in this day and time and not have a 10 loss season on occasion, with year round basketball like AAU the recruits and the competition is to great, parity is here to stay in college basketball my friend... let's get used to it.

I'm not criticizing anyone. My point was how do you define success, or more importantly how do most UK fans define success? I'm not sure that Mitch B can please the UK faithful with a Barnes hire.

 

 

Is pleasing the UK faithful the criteria now? I hardly think so. I don't know enough about the man to make a stance either way, but, I do know he's had some outstanding recruiting classes and has done well in several NCAA tournaments...Didn't Texas make a Final 4 a few years back? Can't remember for sure. It sounds to me like he's pretty much what everyone thought about Billy D was 2 years ago, so, let's give the guy our support if he's who we get and see what happens...

Is pleasing the UK faithful the criteria now? I hardly think so. I don't know enough about the man to make a stance either way, but, I do know he's had some outstanding recruiting classes and has done well in several NCAA tournaments...Didn't Texas make a Final 4 a few years back? Can't remember for sure. It sounds to me like he's pretty much what everyone thought about Billy D was 2 years ago, so, let's give the guy our support if he's who we get and see what happens...

 

He really confused many of the UK faithful with the hire of Brooks. But he stuck by his guns, and UK did something this year that they hadn't done in YEARS, ... go to a bowl game and WIN against a team considered MUCH better than they were. I will support whomever he hires for basketball and give them time to do their job.

You can make a good argument that Barnes has left each program he's been at in better shape than it was when he arrived. I would define that as successful.

 

If you want to criticize Barnes for not making enough Sweet 16 or Final Four appearances, go ahead ... and cite some facts to back up your argument.

 

But for some armchair coaches to get on here and dismiss him because, in their opinion, "he can't coach" when his record says otherwise ...

 

Barnes record at Texas is pretty good. Over the last five seasons, Texas has made one final four, one elite eight and one sweet sixteen.

What is ultra ironic is how many Kentucky fans, including a good majority of the posters on here, were lambasting the coaching skills of Donovan a couple or three years ago. Now he is their coaching God that they are praying will soon reign in the Bluegrass and take them to college basketball nirvana.

 

It's appears to me that one's perceived coaching ability is closely related to the talent that is available to coach. I would guess that 75% of the UK fans were knocking Donovan just 3-4 years ago and now are anointing him as the only possible choice. He is a very good coach and recruiter, but having 4 potential 1st round draft choices sure can change one's perception.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.