April 3, 200719 yr Does Barnes have any solid recruits he can bring with him???What would it matter?:lol:
April 3, 200719 yr Whats wrong with Rick Barnes? 1. He had the number one player in the country this year 2. He is a middle of the pack to barely above middle of the pack coach - which UK fans must now settle for, for running off every other good candidate 3. He has never won the championship, which I were to venture a guess only about a handful of active coaches ever have won. I guess that makes him not a good choice for Rupp? He can't coach.
April 3, 200719 yr Hasn't Barnes been successful everywhere he's been? It depends on how you define success.
April 3, 200719 yr Hire him as head recruiter, but bring someone else in to coach. Not impressed with him as a coach.
April 3, 200719 yr You can make a good argument that Barnes has left each program he's been at in better shape than it was when he arrived. I would define that as successful. If you want to criticize Barnes for not making enough Sweet 16 or Final Four appearances, go ahead ... and cite some facts to back up your argument. But for some armchair coaches to get on here and dismiss him because, in their opinion, "he can't coach" when his record says otherwise ...
April 3, 200719 yr You can make a good argument that Barnes has left each program he's been at in better shape than it was when he arrived. I would define that as successful. If you want to criticize Barnes for not making enough Sweet 16 or Final Four appearances, go ahead ... and cite some facts to back up your argument. But for some armchair coaches to get on here and dismiss him because, in their opinion, "he can't coach" when his record says otherwise ... I'm not criticizing anyone. My point was how do you define success, or more importantly how do most UK fans define success? I'm not sure that Mitch B can please the UK faithful with a Barnes hire.
April 3, 200719 yr Coaching record at Texas Year Record NCAA Tournament 1998-1999 19-13 First Round 1999-2000 24-9 Second Round 2000-2001 25-9 First Round 2001-2002 22-12 Sweet Sixteen 2002-2003 26-7 Final Four 2003-2004 25-8 Sweet Sixteen 2004-2005 20-11 First Round 2005-2006 30-7 Elite Eight 2006-2007 25-10 Second Round Overall Record at Texas: 216-86 (.715)
April 3, 200719 yr I could live with Barnes I suppose... It'd be ironic though... A guy we started threads about just a couple of months ago... About how horrible of a coach he was... Takes the reigns at UK? What is ultra ironic is how many Kentucky fans, including a good majority of the posters on here, were lambasting the coaching skills of Donovan a couple or three years ago. Now he is their coaching God that they are praying will soon reign in the Bluegrass and take them to college basketball nirvana.
April 3, 200719 yr Coaching record at Texas Year Record NCAA Tournament 1998-1999 19-13 First Round 1999-2000 24-9 Second Round 2000-2001 25-9 First Round 2001-2002 22-12 Sweet Sixteen 2002-2003 26-7 Final Four 2003-2004 25-8 Sweet Sixteen 2004-2005 20-11 First Round 2005-2006 30-7 Elite Eight 2006-2007 25-10 Second Round Overall Record at Texas: 216-86 (.715) A step up from Tubby? I don't think you can answer 'yes' with a straight face.
April 3, 200719 yr I'm not criticizing anyone. My point was how do you define success, or more importantly how do most UK fans define success? I'm not sure that Mitch B can please the UK faithful with a Barnes hire.I wasn't really aiming my comments at you, but at those who are so quick to dismiss Barnes with nothing to back up their argument. If Barnes truly "can't coach," he's fooled a heck of a lot of people and there are a lot of other coaches that can't do it, either. Honestly, if I'm a UK fan, I just want Barnhart to hire the best coach he can ... the heck with what the fickle fans want.
April 3, 200719 yr What is ultra ironic is how many Kentucky fans, including a good majority of the posters on here, were lambasting the coaching skills of Donovan a couple or three years ago. Now he is their coaching God that they are praying will soon reign in the Bluegrass and take them to college basketball nirvana.Most of them appear not to even remember that long-ago era lost in the mists of time.
April 3, 200719 yr A step up from Tubby? I don't think you can answer 'yes' with a straight face. Just about the same, but with more talent and a more exciting style of play...
April 3, 200719 yr What is ultra ironic is how many Kentucky fans, including a good majority of the posters on here, were lambasting the coaching skills of Donovan a couple or three years ago. Now he is their coaching God that they are praying will soon reign in the Bluegrass and take them to college basketball nirvana.Bingo ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.