Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida Gators - How good...

Featured Replies

I don't think that's fair to them... We're talking about college.. Not the NBA... 92 Duke didn't have a ton of NBA glory... Still one of the best college teams of all time.

 

Regardless of what anyone says... They won 2 straight championships, and I'll never try to take that away from them. If they go on and have long, healthy, storied NBA careers, I think that would be great... But I don't see it as telling as what they are doing now... If they flop, they'll still have 2 rings... Nothing will change that.

 

The teams that are at the top of my list looked like men among boys... Rolling against most of their competition... This Florida team had too many struggles for me to see them as anything more than just a great championship college team, not elite.

 

But I picked them to win my bracket, so obviously they were doing something right.

 

You make a lot of great points there and I agree with you to an extent.

 

My only point I'm trying to make is some people's views of how good they really were will be attributed to what they do in the NBA, not all of it though.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you misunderstood me then, because that's the point I was trying to make. I think some people may make the mistake of overrating this team based on the fact that they repeated rather than just looking at this year alone and judging how good they were.

Agreed:thumb:

The Duke teams of 91-92 were just as good as the Vegas teams of 90-91 ... UNLV's reputation was largely built on one game, the rout of Duke in the 90 title game. It put the Rebels on a pedestal that they couldn't realistically maintain. The perfect record they took into the 91 semifinals was mostly against a soft schedule.

 

As for Florida ... as good a team as we've seen in a decade ... not necessarily better than all of them, but right there at the top at the least. The Gators are about as complete an offensive club as we've seen in a while.

 

Please don't try to tell me about UNLV....I remember them very well and to me, they were a dominant team, much more so than the 2 Duke teams that followed...Thats not a knock on Duke, but, they were not in UNLVs class, either year...

Two national championships are great, but I don't think they're a "great" team. But, they do play like a team and that is what wins. Talent alone isn't high, in my opinion.

My list is:

 

1. 96 Kentucky

2. 68 UCLA

3. 76 Indiana

4. 92 Duke

5. 82 UNC

6. 72 UCLA

7. 07 Florida

8. 90 UNLV

9. 78 Kentucky

10. 01 Duke

 

 

The ninth best team EVER?? I'm not seeing it.

They did it last year when nobody expected anything and then again this year when everybody expected everything. An unbelievable accomplishment.

One of the greatest of this decade, not all time in my sweet opinion. Maybe Top 5 over the last 20 years.

Please don't try to tell me about UNLV....I remember them very well and to me, they were a dominant team, much more so than the 2 Duke teams that followed...Thats not a knock on Duke, but, they were not in UNLVs class, either year...
Then how did they beat UNLV in 1991?
Please help me understand what returning your starters has to do with the price of tea in China? This team should stand alone vs. all other teams. Last year shouldn't be a consideration when rating them vs. the others. It's the '07 Gators, not the '06/'07 Gators. If you consider them last year, then they have won twice as many championships as any other team.

and IF the big 3 from UNC would have stayed in 05 plus Marvin Williams along with hansbrough comin in, they would have won it again last year....

and IF the big 3 from UNC would have stayed in 05 plus Marvin Williams along with hansbrough comin in, they would have won it again last year....

But they didn't,,,,next!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.