April 3, 200719 yr If all those Jr's stayed then I would hope Billy would stay and I actually would like to see those kids stay it would say alot, but seeing how they are not going to come on to UK Billy.
April 3, 200719 yr Personally I'd love to see them all stay and do it again, this team is already going down as one of the top teams ever in NCAA DI College basketball, why not stay 1 more year and make it that much sweeter and 3-peat....with a different coach might I add..lol
April 3, 200719 yr What if the 5 guys (Noah, Green, Horford, Brewer, Richard) all walked into the locker room tonight and shut everyone up. Sat Billy D down in the middle of everyone, in the locker room and said "Coach we want you to stay, we'll stay if you stay" ?????????????????? KINDA HARD FOR BILLY TO SAY NO
April 3, 200719 yr On the posts game show Digger says he has changed his mind and says he would not be suprised at all to see him take the UK job
April 3, 200719 yr That all of Florida's juniors come back and Donovan stays with them? I think that there is a chance... No chance, no chance what-so-ever.
April 3, 200719 yr If they stay you can hand UF the 'ship for next year. Hopefully they all leave. All being the key word..
April 3, 200719 yr There is another major class on the way in next year, and a good number of big name kids will be back on the market soon. Far too early for any predictions on next year at this point...
April 3, 200719 yr I say that four of them are gone. That is a realistic number. Why would they stay?
April 3, 200719 yr Florida could be down right scary next year if the Junior class stays, Billy stays, and Patrick Patterson joins Calathes for this recruiting class. Not what UK fans want to see but it is possible....
April 3, 200719 yr I think Patterson likes the attention that UK fans give him, but I dont think he will come here because of it.
April 3, 200719 yr There is another major class on the way in next year, and a good number of big name kids will be back on the market soon. Far too early for any predictions on next year at this point... :thumb: I agree. I think Florida would be a safe bet to win the SEC again, but I wouldn't pencil them in for a title even if they all returned. There are a few teams that are loaded with young talent who could improve with experience and maturity, along with adding new talent through recruiting. They'd still be favorites for sure, but not a lock, IMO. As for players leaving...Humphrey is gone (right?)...what he brought to the table for Florida will be extremely hard to replace, IMO. And, Corey Brewer is the most likely to go pro, and he was, IMO, their best player. It will be virtually impossible to replace a player of his ability and versatility, and unselfishness. Those will be two huge holes to fill, IMO...regardless of whether the rest return, they wouldn't be close to the same team without Brewer and Humphrey.
April 3, 200719 yr I could see Noah and Green coming back, but Brewer and Horford will both declare for the draft.
April 3, 200719 yr Logistically could it happen? Florida currently has 14 players listed on their roster. How many are walk-on. You can only have 13 scholarships, right? They only lose 3 seniors, but have already signed 4 players for next year and are still recruiting Patterson.
April 3, 200719 yr Logistically could it happen? Florida currently has 14 players listed on their roster. How many are walk-on. You can only have 13 scholarships, right? They only lose 3 seniors, but have already signed 4 players for next year and are still recruiting Patterson. Pitino teaches his guys how to make things like this work the day they join his staff... :lol:
April 3, 200719 yr If all 4 return, no way they don't 3 peat. But will they return is the question? IMo they won't simply because of everything they faced this year. They came back this year to prove a point and did. End of story. Although Florida's class of next year could be the next Horford, Brewer, Green, and Noah.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.