Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This is the Week...

Featured Replies

That we find out the future of Kentucky Basketball...Is anyone else as nervous as me????

I'm sure there is more than just one guy who can help UK get back to the Final Four, but if they don't get Donovan for whatever reason, UK might not see another Final Four for some time.

It's like Christmas Eve...:D :lol:

My son lives in Alabama and it took them two months to land Saban. Talk about an entire state being on pins and needles

I am not nervous but I am very excited to see who the new coach is!

It's like Christmas Eve...:D :lol:

LOL, I said that on Friday. Like a kid waiting for Christmas, or Homer Simpson waiting for his gun permit in that one episode, LOL.

 

UK will get some of the best coaches in the business to apply, and will do very well under any of them. Donovan is so popular one because he was an assistant here and we would love to see him back where he got his start, if it wasn't for that one reason many of us would be glad to get any other top coach if it wasn't him. I hope his roots here have some good effects on his decision.

 

If UK calls a press conference, who is going to try and attend if it's open to the public?

It's like Christmas Eve...:D :lol:

 

HAHA!!! So true!!!:thumb:

Not really nervous but more like tired of seeing all the rumors. I'm ready to see if anyone actually has "reliable sources". I'm ready for the zoo to leave town I guess you could say.

I'm not really nervous. Billy is most fans top choice, but if we dont get him its not the end of the world. If we do get him, it will still take a few years to get Kentucky back to a national power house status. I agree with most that Billy D. would be ideal, mainly because of his ties to UK, but I personally dont think he is that much better than a few other choices that are out there. Things will be fine.

That we find out the future of Kentucky Basketball...Is anyone else as nervous as me????

I'm not nervous. I am just glad that it will be over with and the new coach can begin his new job.

I'm not really nervous. Billy is most fans top choice, but if we dont get him its not the end of the world. If we do get him, it will still take a few years to get Kentucky back to a national power house status. I agree with most that Billy D. would be ideal, mainly because of his ties to UK, but I personally dont think he is that much better than a few other choices that are out there. Things will be fine.

 

I think the odds are it will be that way, but I think there is a chance we could get lucky and turn things around sooner.

 

For example, suppose Donovan or Matta comes to UK and with that news, Patterson and Lucas both decide to come to UK. That would give us a much better looking roster for next year, and if we could have a solid first season with that group and land a really great class, things could be looking up pretty quick. I'm not necessarily expecting that to happen, but I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility. That also will depend on how soon UK can secure a coach...I don't think they should try to sign a coach just so they can have a chance to salvage this recruiting season, but it's possible that things could work out luckily for UK.

 

Just a thought.

 

But, I agree with you that not getting Donovan isn't the end all for UK basketball. There are several other good coaches that can get us back where we want to be. Obviously, Donovan has the UK ties, the recent success, and a good "look" :D , but he isn't the only guy who could get it done at UK. I have confidence that Barnhardt will get someone who can get us where we should be.

Regardless of who ends up being the coach at UK, I hope that they stay for a good 15-20 years...I dont want to have another 3 weeks like we've had on here....:eek:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.