March 19, 200719 yr He was asked to do as a freshman what no other center in recent history had to do.. dominate in the SEC as a frosh. You guys bashed him all day. He is the sole reason we contended the last 2 years. Take Morris out of today's ball game against KU we lose by 20-30 points. UK contended the last 2 years?
March 19, 200719 yr UK contended the last 2 years? I am glad your realizing things are finally bad... but yes we did make the NCAA tourney... 70% due to Morris
March 19, 200719 yr Well, it's a weird time. Do any of you think that Morris will be in the NBA in the next couple of weeks? I kind of do. I would say his stock went up this week. But not tenough for the NBA to call em up.
March 19, 200719 yr Based on what I've heard from press row at UK home games there was always at least a team or two in Lexington for every decent opponent, and a few times over 5 different scouts. I'd guess about 20 teams were represented in Chicago. This has been a situation followed by the NBA execs. very closely. It seems to make more sense that it would be a team close to or out of the playoff mix that has some cap room to offer next year. Lock him up cheap now and gain what would be 1st round pick next year for 2 or 3 years at a reasonable number. I don't think many of you understand the magnitude of the next month in this situation...
March 19, 200719 yr Based on what I've heard from press row at UK home games there was always at least a team or two in Lexington for every decent opponent, and a few times over 5 different scouts. I'd guess about 20 teams were represented in Chicago. This has been a situation followed by the NBA execs. very closely. It seems to make more sense that it would be a team close to or out of the playoff mix that has some cap room to offer next year. Lock him up cheap now and gain what would be 1st round pick next year for 2 or 3 years at a reasonable number. I don't think many of you understand the magnitude of the next month in this situation... I TOTALLY hear you. And I TOTALLY agree with your concept.... an NBA team right now could get a steal with Morris. The NBA just said no last time, but this time Morris is a tad bit more desperate since he didn't get hired, he would take almost any reasonable offer at this point.
March 19, 200719 yr Based on what I've heard from press row at UK home games there was always at least a team or two in Lexington for every decent opponent, and a few times over 5 different scouts. I'd guess about 20 teams were represented in Chicago. This has been a situation followed by the NBA execs. very closely. It seems to make more sense that it would be a team close to or out of the playoff mix that has some cap room to offer next year. Lock him up cheap now and gain what would be 1st round pick next year for 2 or 3 years at a reasonable number. I don't think many of you understand the magnitude of the next month in this situation... I dont think it will happen. I believe Morris will finish the school year and think about what to do and then make an educated decision. Remember you were the same one who was saying someone would come pick him up during the season. We know you want him gone! I hope he stays. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. I do think that this time he will make a more logical decision than last time. Im not saying the best decision for him is to come back. I am saying that he will take more time and make the right decision this time. One thing that is fuzzy with me is how much he is aloud to talk to teams and all that stuff and not effect his eligibility.
March 19, 200719 yr He will end up somewhere in the NBA fairly quickly, course if he continues with the same attitude and worth ethic that has plagued him in college, he won't be on a roster very long.
March 19, 200719 yr We know you want him gone! I have ZERO reason to care what he does in any way. I am simply giving an educated guess on what I know to be the situation at hand. I know for a fact NBA teams have kept a close eye on RM and it's in their ear they can get him RIGHT NOW for less than 1st round money. So in theory team 15 can get the last pick in the 1st round for a better value and keep their regular pick. The NBA is a cash business and Morris is a hot and reasonably priced option...
March 19, 200719 yr I have ZERO reason to care what he does in any way. I am simply giving an educated guess on what I know to be the situation at hand. I know for a fact NBA teams have kept a close eye on RM and it's in their ear they can get him RIGHT NOW for less than 1st round money. So in theory team 15 can get the last pick in the 1st round for a better value and keep their regular pick. The NBA is a cash business and Morris is a hot and reasonably priced option... I have no doubt the NBA teams will be calling... I just wonder how much Morris is going to listen. I'm not certain he's staying or anything, but I also am not of the opinion that he's out the first chance he gets.
March 19, 200719 yr I don't think Morris will persue the NBA at this point;however, if they come calling with a contract offer, I think he cannot afford to turn it down. He may never get another offer. I'd say if an NBA team approaches him, he's gone.
March 19, 200719 yr I don't think Morris will persue the NBA at this point;however, if they come calling with a contract offer, I think he cannot afford to turn it down. He may never get another offer. I'd say if an NBA team approaches him, he's gone. Why can't he afford to turn it down? Some team will probably offer him something a little over the league minimum... That deal will most definitely be there in a year.
March 19, 200719 yr Author If someone offers him a mil (signing bonus) now, with a negotiation after the season, I am sure it will be more alluring than drama and class in Lexington.
March 19, 200719 yr I have no doubt the NBA teams will be calling... I just wonder how much Morris is going to listen. I'm not certain he's staying or anything, but I also am not of the opinion that he's out the first chance he gets. I don't think he's out the first chance he gets. I think he's out if a million or two guaranteed is on the table from a team in the middle of the pack. Here's the thing for me. He doesn't seem to have the personality of a kid that would thrive in a college setting. And I think he still hates that he didn't go out of high school with his close friends...
March 19, 200719 yr If someone offers him a mil (signing bonus) now, with a negotiation after the season, I am sure it will be more alluring than drama and class in Lexington. Or, he could come back and play a season like he played the first 5 and last 5 games of this season and make 10 mil.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.