Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Randolph Morris...

Featured Replies

^ That doesn't seem likely.

 

And why is that?

  • Replies 71
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Randolph Morris signs a $10,000,000 FA deal, I'll never post on BGP again.

If Randolph Morris signs a $10,000,000 FA deal, I'll never post on BGP again.

 

If he comes back and becomes an All-American, he'll make a lot more than what he would right now. I don't think there's any reason to argue that.

If he comes back and becomes an All-American, he'll make a lot more than what he would right now. I don't think there's any reason to argue that.

 

And why would that be? Nobody is going to give that money to a player unproven in the NBA... NOBODY... Not the Celtics, Hawks, Raptors, Sonics, Magic... I reiterate -- NOBODY!

 

He'll get a small contract and have to prove himself before he can even think about getting a contract in double digit millions.

Or, he could come back and play a season like he played the first 5 and last 5 games of this season and make 10 mil.

It would have been easier for him to play like that this season...

^ That doesn't seem likely.

 

I agree with what your saying, I can't see him staying motavated for 30+ games, but the talent it there. He could be 1st team all american if he had the desire.

And why would that be? Nobody is going to give that money to a player unproven in the NBA... NOBODY... Not the Celtics, Hawks, Raptors, Sonics, Magic... I reiterate -- NOBODY!

 

He'll get a small contract and have to prove himself before he can even think about getting a contract in double digit millions.

 

I didn't literally mean he was going to sign for 10 million. Calm down.

 

My only point is that he'll get swatted straight to Europe if he tries to impress anyone in the NBA right now.

I don't think he's out the first chance he gets. I think he's out if a million or two guaranteed is on the table from a team in the middle of the pack.

 

Here's the thing for me. He doesn't seem to have the personality of a kid that would thrive in a college setting. And I think he still hates that he didn't go out of high school with his close friends...

 

He might hate it, but if he had taken that route and showed the work ethic that he has for 3 years in Lexington, he would likely have found his way out of the league.

He might hate it, but if he had taken that route and showed the work ethic that he has for 3 years in Lexington, he would likely have found his way out of the league.

I agree. But that wasn't my point...

I didn't literally mean he was going to sign for 10 million. Calm down.

 

My only point is that he'll get swatted straight to Europe if he tries to impress anyone in the NBA right now.

 

All I have to go by is what you say, and believe me, I'm plenty calm. ;)

 

RP's scenario is a little more likely... Though I don't see him getting that offer either. $500K seems alright.

And why is that?
Because he just doesn't care. He's ready to play for pay.
  • Author

^ That's clearly obvious...and that's really all I was saying.

Morris needs to come back to UK for another season. Earn his degree and try and be a top 5 center in the SEC.

The Lakers could sure use someone with some inside presence.

They already have a 2 projects at C they won't be getting Morris.

I have ZERO reason to care what he does in any way. I am simply giving an educated guess on what I know to be the situation at hand. I know for a fact NBA teams have kept a close eye on RM and it's in their ear they can get him RIGHT NOW for less than 1st round money. So in theory team 15 can get the last pick in the 1st round for a better value and keep their regular pick. The NBA is a cash business and Morris is a hot and reasonably priced option...

It would be like having two first round picks this year and the 2nd one making a lot less money. He is most likely gone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.