Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Pulaski County

Featured Replies

... Jumper_Dad, I have been to all the Dairy Queen interviews for 9-10 years. It is always a gala event with bunches of players from all 3 schools, not just SWHS. Just curious, I know our Kids had a good time...

 

Hold on there Kemo, I was at the shows in 2001, 2002 and it wasn't nearly a full house--not even a half full house. As a matter of fact the players present from each school could have been counted on one hand. I was only there because I was dating someone that worked for Clear Channel. It wasn't exactly a "Gala Event." It is held at Dairy Queen because they sponser all the local football teams on their broadcasts--nothing more, nothing less, it is an advertising bonus for them for their support of local football.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Why does 102.3 have the interview at a Dairy Queen? Cause the Coaches like ice cream? Heck no... It is an event sponsered for the Kids. The interview could be conducted anywhere if that was the sole purpose. I have been to many interviews over the years and have always seen such interviews over flowing with players. Your argument has NO merit and to try to defend a defenseless issue is par for your course...

 

As are your continued personal attacks on me. What other "defenseless issues" did I defend? Just curious.

Hold on there Kemo, I was at the shows in 2001, 2002 and it wasn't nearly a full house--not even a half full house. As a matter of fact the players present from each school could have been counted on one hand. I was only there because I was dating someone that worked for Clear Channel. It wasn't exactly a "Gala Event." It is held at Dairy Queen because they sponser all the local football teams on their broadcasts--nothing more, nothing less.
.. I must disagree with you there. My son played each of the years that you are talking about. I was there too. I can not say with accoracy that PC and Somerser had big turnouts compared to SWHS but will say that over those years I saw Cole Draughn Tyler Sexton, Johnny Denham and many others from PC there for years. Also during those years I remember seeing ths Barber Bros. and the Newells there repeatedly from Somerset along with many others I know. I know those Kids and many others that attended those years from SHS. I am telling you that tonight I know only one from Somerset and I was told 3 from PC tonight. You can argue the point til you are blue in the face about those past years and tonights poor showing and cannot change my mind about what or how many I saw. Anyway you were with your girl friend and probably had other things on your mind. The onle thing I was thinking about was Football and the Kids...
As are your continued personal attacks on me. What other "defenseless issues" did I defend? Just curious.
.. No personal attacks, just my point of view...
.. No personal attacks, just my point of view...

 

No, actually you said and I quote "Your argument has NO meritand to try and defend a defenseless issue is par for your course." I can have the court reporter read it back for you if you want........Sounds personal to me, care to point out how it wasn't directed at me?

.. I must disagree with you there. My son played each of the years that you are talking about. I was there too. I can not say with accoracy that PC and Somerser had big turnouts compared to SWHS but will say that over those years I saw Cole Draughn Tyler Sexton, Johnny Denham and many others from PC there for years. Also during those years I remember seeing ths Barber Bros. and the Newells there repeatedly from Somerset along with many others I know. I know those Kids and many others that attended those years from SHS. I am telling you that tonight I know only one from Somerset and I was told 3 from PC tonight. You can argue the point til you are blue in the face about those past years and tonights poor showing and cannot change my mind about what or how many I saw. Anyway you were with your girl friend and probably had other things on your mind. The onle thing I was thinking about was Football and the Kids...

 

You need to get rid of that NADA book and get a dictionary :D

.. I must disagree with you there. My son played each of the years that you are talking about. I was there too. I can not say with accoracy that PC and Somerser had big turnouts compared to SWHS but will say that over those years I saw Cole Draughn Tyler Sexton, Johnny Denham and many others from PC there for years. Also during those years I remember seeing ths Barber Bros. and the Newells there repeatedly from Somerset along with many others I know. I know those Kids and many others that attended those years from SHS. I am telling you that tonight I know only one from Somerset and I was told 3 from PC tonight. You can argue the point til you are blue in the face about those past years and tonights poor showing and cannot change my mind about what or how many I saw. Anyway you were with your girl friend and probably had other things on your mind. The onle thing I was thinking about was Football and the Kids...

 

Like I said there was less than 5 players there per team. I did have other things on my mind. I was the one asking the trivia questions and handing out prizes so I was very well aware of who was there. :thumb:

You need to get rid of that NADA book and get a dictionary :D
...Maybe I just need to slow down a little bit. I got a Websters and spell check. What I don't need is someone else being cute...:D

Hey guys let's not go there. Unless I'm missing something, it was a "radio" talk show and we listened to it, I'm sure as much as the Somerset fans did. As for the Barber kids there, well they were there at DQ all the time anyway;) . (Sorry, had to throw that one in).

 

Really, I think that both PC & Somerset have the support and next weekend will show that. Southwestern is obsessive about football anyway and parents on the field with their kids after a game with the coaches is goofy at best. They should let them grow up and be men without their screaming mommas following them to the locker room. IMHO.

 

I think Hines does a good job of keeping his players grounded and teaches them that football is important but not the end of the universe.

 

I will say on a positive note that Dale Anderson does the best job of helping his kids that can go to the next level do that. I have heard that he helps other school's kids as well. It is a testimony to him caring about his players and kids in general. Hats off to him for that.:thumb:

Hey MM, all things have meaning. The Warrior Family meeting on the field is symbolic of the closeness that we all have with the program. You are the first to call it goofy. Goofyness is in the eye of the beholder. We do not see it that way. It has been a long time since I saw Matt Barber, but I am sure he was there back in the day. I assumed the bigger guy was his brother. I may be mistaken but something in my archives told me to thro their names out there. Never-the -less, lets just refer to last night as ole Keemo's memory does sometime fluxuate like the old fish story where the fish gets bigger each time you tell the story. We have always had good student/athlete attendance at this little ditty. Last night was no exception...By the way, a lot of the SWHS alumni have went on and are well grounded also. Disipline is a valuable tool in life. Our short time existence has produced Doctos, Lawyers, professionals of all fields, and career Military men. I find it hard not to gloat more...;)

Obsessive? Heck why play the game if you don't feel that way about it. And if I do not recall myself Coach Hines pulled all of us in after the game my senior year and gave prayer and told us how much he respected all of us. Coach Hines has my respect. I am happy we have parents involved enough that they want to be that close. The very first thing I learned as a young warrior is exactly what my name says "Southwestern Forever" we are all family call us goofy all you want man.

Reminder: Keep to the topic, and don't make it personal.

It was not personal but take it how you take it.

It was not personal but take it how you take it.
Rule #12
12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have such a complaint, you need to send me an email at [email protected] and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the problem. Your opinion matters to me. When a moderator warns of possible rules violations, do not ignore the warning and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules will result in your suspension.
I think RM, asked us to not let it get personal and that's the road, we're going to travel.

Strike I was not complaining nor arguing just stating to everyone that I was not trying to make anything personal with anyone. thanks for the reminder.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.