Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Pulaski County

Featured Replies

This is not the NFL I don't see how they could do something like this they should at least move it up to the middle school field.

 

I don't think it has anything to do with secrecy issues. I just don't think they want the public crawling all over unfinished bleachers or lining the sidelines on the track. I can understand that--the scrimmage is to get the teams ready for the season--not necessarily for the fans enjoyment.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you do not think it would work just the same if they went up the road 2 minutes to Northern and used their field.

Does Northern have the facilities to accomodate 2 full fledge high school football teams?. Lights ect...

Does Northern have the facilities to accomodate 2 full fledge high school football teams?. Lights ect...

 

They've got lights but I think Northern uses a locker room in the school. PC has their new fieldhouse with locker rooms and a much nicer playing surface. If they're going to play at PC (and I can't blame them for wanting to stay at home instead of spending the money for a road trip if the game was already scheduled to be at PC) then I can't blame the Maroons for wanting to keep it at the high school. Like I said scrimmages are a tool to get ready for the season--more or less a glorified practice. They're not necessarily for the fans.

The Lancaster paper said it was at Pulaski and not opened to the public, at the request of Pulaski County. We need to figure this out!

I'll find out for certain 1st thing in the morning and post soon thereafter. If Pulaski is at home I would like to see it, if not I think I will try and head southwest and support the Warriors.

They've got lights but I think Northern uses a locker room in the school. PC has their new fieldhouse with locker rooms and a much nicer playing surface. If they're going to play at PC (and I can't blame them for wanting to stay at home instead of spending the money for a road trip if the game was already scheduled to be at PC) then I can't blame the Maroons for wanting to keep it at the high school. Like I said scrimmages are a tool to get ready for the season--more or less a glorified practice. They're not necessarily for the fans.
.. So if the game is at PC but closed to the public, I have no other choice in believing that sly Coach Johnny Hines is playing the ole possum. If I were Somerset I would not think they are going to beat the Maroons by 20-30 points. I expect a far closer game. Just my humble opinion...;)
I'll find out for certain 1st thing in the morning and post soon thereafter. If Pulaski is at home I would like to see it, if not I think I will try and head southwest and support the Warriors.
... It would be great to have you at the Warrior game...:thumb:
.. So if the game is at PC but closed to the public, I have no other choice in believing that sly Coach Johnny Hines is playing the ole possum.

My thoughts exactly but I wasn't going to say it! I disagree with you on the score though, I've stood my ground twice and said Somerset 42/ PC 13. That may be too much but I do believe Somerset by at least 3 td's.

.. So if the game is at PC but closed to the public, I have no other choice in believing that sly Coach Johnny Hines is playing the ole possum. If I were Somerset I would not think they are going to beat the Maroons by 20-30 points. I expect a far closer game. Just my humble opinion...;)

 

Ole Sly Johnny Hines better come up with something. He's 1-5 against the Jumpers while being outscored 168-66. I think PC will be better but Somerset will be too much for them to handle this year, too many returning experienced players for the Purple and Gold including the best player in this part of the state in John Cole. Somerset is also a 2A sized school playing a 5A school that in all honesty should beat them the majority of the time. I guarantee you they will not overlook the Maroons.

I think SHS will be more balanced than the last few years. I think running game will surprise a few and D has potential to be really tough if they stay home and do there jobs.

 

SHS will have quite a few young players in the rotation as do the other two county schools.

Did anyone listen to the area coaches chat on 102.3 at the Dairy Queen tonight. When I arrived Coach Cobb was discussing alot of freshmen getting varsity time. Is this true or just hype. I noticed the only Jumper there with Coach was I believe his son Tyler. No players what-so-ever...What is up with that? Also PC was not represented (3) very well either. The Dairy Queen location has historically been flocked with Kids from all three schools. SWHS had approximatey 40 players and many fans and parents... What gives? Is it something between PC and SHS or merely lack of support?...

No lack of support, just no real reason to go for a 30 minute interview. I'll be supporting Friday night driving to Jackson for the game with Breathitt Co. As far as freshmen and sophs playing, a lot of them got time with the varsity in the last scrimmage.

Did anyone listen to the area coaches chat on 102.3 at the Dairy Queen tonight. When I arrived Coach Cobb was discussing alot of freshmen getting varsity time. Is this true or just hype. I noticed the only Jumper there with Coach was I believe his son Tyler. No players what-so-ever...What is up with that? Also PC was not represented (3) very well either. The Dairy Queen location has historically been flocked with Kids from all three schools. SWHS had approximatey 40 players and many fans and parents... What gives? Is it something between PC and SHS or merely lack of support?...

 

Since it was a Coaches chat why did the players need to be there? Perhaps they were listening on the radio. I don't know about Pulaski but Somerset has plenty of support for the team. Again, this was a coaches show--the Somerset fans will be there when they're needed. As for the freshman getting playing time, from what I've seen/heard it will mostly be on special teams. This is an exceptional freshman group with a lot of size and speed, my son played center for them last year when he was in 7th grade. SHS doesn't have nearly as large an amount of students to chose from as the county schools do so any kind of rest that they can get their starters on special teams is a bonus. Several of these freshman are capable of that.

No lack of support, just no real reason to go for a 30 minute interview. I'll be supporting Friday night driving to Jackson for the game with Breathitt Co. As far as freshmen and sophs playing, a lot of them got time with the varsity in the last scrimmage.
... Jumper_Dad, I have been to all the Dairy Queen interviews for 9-10 years. It is always a gala event with bunches of players from all 3 schools, not just SWHS. Just curious, I know our Kids had a good time...
Since it was a Coaches chat why did the players need to be there? Perhaps they were listening on the radio. I don't know about Pulaski but Somerset has plenty of support for the team. Again, this was a coaches show--the Somerset fans will be there when they're needed. As for the freshman getting playing time, from what I've seen/heard it will mostly be on special teams. This is an exceptional freshman group with a lot of size and speed, my son played center for them last year when he was in 7th grade. SHS doesn't have nearly as large an amount of students to chose from as the county schools do so any kind of rest that they can get their starters on special teams is a bonus. Several of these freshman are capable of that.
... Why does 102.3 have the interview at a Dairy Queen? Cause the Coaches like ice cream? Heck no... It is an event sponsered for the Kids. The interview could be conducted anywhere if that was the sole purpose. I have been to many interviews over the years and have always seen such interviews over flowing with players. Your argument has NO merit and to try to defend a defenseless issue is par for your course...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.