Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes vs Paducah Tighlman Wed 8:00

Featured Replies

Alright fans what's everyone's predictions on this one. Holmes comes in winning 12 out of their last 13 and Tighlman comes in winning 17 out of their last 18.

 

IMO this one is going to go to the Dawgs. Holmes has played a tougher schedule and IMO has a little more and talent than Tighlman. It will be close the whole way with Holmes pulling it out in the final minutes. Rice and Henderson will dominate as usual and we'll all see Hill finally break out of his shell.

 

One thing to remember is this Holmes team has more experience and has been here before. 3 out of the 5 starters started on the 05 team and Henderson got plenty of minutes in that game. As Jefferson told a reporter after winning the 9th against CCH.... "Our sophomore year was fun. We were happy," Jefferson said. "Right now, this is a statement. We're going to state to get it done. We're not going to state to have fun. We had fun the first time. Now we're going to bring a trophy back."

 

Holmes 68

Tighlman 60

  • Replies 62
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright fans what's everyone's predictions on this one. Holmes comes in winning 12 out of their last 13 and Tighlman comes in winning 17 out of their last 18.

 

IMO this one is going to go to the Dawgs. Holmes has played a tougher schedule and IMO has a little more and talent than Tighlman. It will be close the whole way with Holmes pulling it out in the final minutes. Rice and Henderson will dominate as usual and we'll all see Hill finally break out of his shell.

 

One thing to remember is this Holmes team has more experience and has been here before. 3 out of the 5 starters started on the 05 team and Henderson got plenty of minutes in that game. As Jefferson told a reporter after winning the 9th against CCH.... "Our sophomore year was fun. We were happy," Jefferson said. "Right now, this is a statement. We're going to state to get it done. We're not going to state to have fun. We had fun the first time. Now we're going to bring a trophy back."

 

Holmes 68

Tighlman 60

 

Just curious, how much do you now about Tighlman to know how much talent Tighlman has, I don't know about Tighlman, but if they can match the talent level of the Bulldogs they have a heck of a squad, and They probably have enought talent to compete with them, as they are in the sweet 16. With that said im going with the Dawgs, just based off what I know about them.

 

Holmes 60

Tighlman 55

Two hot teams at this point, Holmes with 12 wins in their last 13, PT with 17/18. Holmes has some tournament experience but from what I've read about PT they have a fairly big lineup in the paint, perhaps the Dogs will see a zone, so they'll need to be able to stretch the court a bit from the perimeter.

I know little about Holmes but do know just enough about PT to be dangerous. They won the Region #1 title but region #1 was way down talent wise this year and PT was not a clear favorite to win it though they were one of several that were considered to be a favorite. This said I think PT is ok but not spectacular. I have to give the nod of favorite to Holmes

Tilghman's problem this year has not been talent as they have enough talent especially in the front court to play and beat anyone in the state on any given night, their problem has been their mental game. They are the type of team to play either up or down to their level of comptetition this year. With that said however they did step up their game in the District and Regional Tournament and look to have their focus back here in the postseason. If they can stay focused, which I am assuming they will, they have enough talent to make it to Saturday morning; not saying they will as I know Holmes has a very good team.

 

Since everyone else is predicting Holmes ...I will stay with my 1st Region loyalties and say PT wins in a close one 69-66

Holmes bigger & quicker guards will be the huge difference. Tilghman has played in a very weak region where two of the normal powerhouses (Marshall & Graves) sturggled just to put points on the scoreboard at times. There is no comparison in the schedules the two of them have played with Holmes playing the much tougher of the two. After seeing the 9th region semi's and finals I'd feel confident saying that Holmes, Cov. Cath. Holy Cross, NCC, St. Henry, & possibly Boone Co. were better than any of the first region teams including Tilghman. Tilghman will have no answer for Mr. Henderson or Mr. Rice. Dawgs by 12-14 points.

I'd feel confident saying that Holmes, Cov. Cath. Holy Cross, NCC, St. Henry, & possibly Boone Co. were better than any of the first region teams including Tilghman. .

 

 

I will give you Holmes and Cov. Cath but I don't know if I would pu those other teams in front of PT. PT has the talent to play with just about anyone but it is the mental part that has held them back. I expect Holmes to win but I think PT will give them a good game.

Holmes bigger & quicker guards will be the huge difference. Tilghman has played in a very weak region where two of the normal powerhouses (Marshall & Graves) sturggled just to put points on the scoreboard at times. There is no comparison in the schedules the two of them have played with Holmes playing the much tougher of the two. After seeing the 9th region semi's and finals I'd feel confident saying that Holmes, Cov. Cath. Holy Cross, NCC, St. Henry, & possibly Boone Co. were better than any of the first region teams including Tilghman. Tilghman will have no answer for Mr. Henderson or Mr. Rice. Dawgs by 12-14 points.
I'll grant you that Holmes and CovCath are better than Tilghman, but I wouldn't put anyone else in the 9th above them at this point.
  • Author

This Holmes squad is starting to play scary good. PT might have a big front court, but Holmes has never had problem with playing against bigger teams. Their athleticism makes up for that and IMO they've played against tougher competition. And IMO they aren't very small across the front court either. (Rice 6'4, Nelson 6'4 , Hill 6'3, Clark 6'5)

 

Pt won't have an answer for Rice, Hill, or Henderson. Here are the match ups I'm expecting.

 

Jefferson vs Hutcherson

Henderson vs Buchanan

Hill vs Perry

Rice vs Jones

Nelson vs Mcclure

 

A little bad with names but IMO Holmes has more talent and athleticism at every position.

Pt won't have an answer for Rice, Hill, or Henderson.
You say this because you've seen Tilghman play and know their personnel well?

Here are the match ups I'm expecting.

 

Jefferson vs Hutcherson

Henderson vs Buchanan

Hill vs Perry

Rice vs Jones

Nelson vs Mcclure

 

A little bad with names but IMO Holmes has more talent and athleticism at every position.

Buchanan doesn't start ...

 

Talent and athleticism aren't everything. Holmes is the favorite, and should be, but this could be a very entertaining game.

  • Author
You say this because you've seen Tilghman play and know their personnel well?

Buchanan doesn't start ...

 

Talent and athleticism aren't everything. Holmes is the favorite, and should be, but this could be a very entertaining game.

 

Actually I have seen film on Tighlman from their regional championship game. My assessment is they're decent overall and good at times. Their problem is too many mental mistakes and shot selection. Not only that but I think their fundamentals aren't very good. Granted Holmes aren't either but I just feel Holmes and Tighlman are the same exact team. A ton of athleticism but Holmes just has a little more talent.

 

This is no knock on Tighlman. They are a good team, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are. I never once said they'd get blown out, but I just don't feel their talent is on the same level as Holmes'. Experience is also going to play a huge role in this game as well. holmes has been there before. Their lack of experience hurt them when they were sophs playing in the sweet 16. They know what needs to be done now.

 

Biggest game breaker of the game is Holmes has 4 players who could take over the game. Hill, Rice, Henderson, and Jefferson are the top 4 players in the 9th region.Guard play will be key. They have played more talented and athletic teams than Tighlman. If Holmes plays as a team, this game will never be in question and they'll hold a 5-10 point lead the whole game. If not, and Tighlman wins, I'll be more than happy to eat crow and congratulate the winner.

When you say that Tilghman "won't have an answer" for three players, you're implying that it will be a blowout. Tilghman will have an answer for them ... still, it may not be enough.

 

Holmes is one of the state's most athletic teams ... they are the favorite, and should be.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.