Pete Rose news.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know the rules of baseball, there is no plausible way that you could think Rose should be in the HOF. He was an amazing player, he broke the cardinal rule. Period.

Yes I know the rules...and I concede your point on that...And he DID break the cardinal rule...but do the rules address substance abuse or the use of steroids or any other perfromance enhancing substance?? If not then they need to be updated!

I'm not disputing your point,but there is NO WAY that I will ever accept Bonds as the all time HR leader until he can prove that he did not use steroids!! Nothing personal against Barry,I think he is a great player...but NOT in the league of Aaron if he was using a controlled substance.

Yes I know the rules...and I concede your point on that...And he DID break the cardinal rule...but do the rules address substance abuse or the use of steroids or any other perfromance enhancing substance??

Isn't that the "yeah I killed the guy but the other guy stole his wallet" defense?

Isn't that the "yeah I killed the guy but the other guy stole his wallet" defense?

I'll admit that,too..I guess my point is this...I would not have either of them as a role model for my kids...Do they both deserve to be in the Hall because of their numbers???YES...But are either of them good ambassadors for baseball... NOOOOOOOOO!!! Nor is Mark McGuire.

I saw Cal Ripken,Jr. the night he broke Gehrig's record,and you could see what he had accomplished in his eyes...he had EARNED it...the same with Rose when he broke Cobb's (what came out later tarnished that)...

I believe in the integrity of the game..and 5 yrs after Bonds retires,if he is elected to the Hall,then Rose should be also..or neither!!

There cannot be a double standard!!

Records are made to be broken...but you better break them fairly!!

Pete Rose still have not learn to keep his mouth shut, his mouth has been is worst enemy all these years,but with that said,he's still the best hitter of all time, and just for that and that only he should be in the HOF.JMO.

I can't believe the play this story is getting. I had already heard this from Pete on TV years ago. Nearly word for word, "I always bet on my team to win", "I bet every single game", "I believed in my team".

This was not news to me, if ESPN did some research on this he has said this in the past, it was either on TBDSS or one of the late night shows Letterman or Leno. He said this years ago, it is no news to me.

There was no proof that Joe threw the game or series, his stats in the series bear that out. That said I think both shoud be in the Hall. Rose should be in as a player...period. He did nothing as a player to validate keeping him out. Has Pete handled everything the way we would have wanted....no.

Forever the talking heads all said if he would just admit it and apologize, all would be forgiven. Well he did both and the press then shot back, that they didn't think he really meant it. I don't think anyone can make a valid argument to keep him out, unless you are a member of the "holier than thou press" or a "sanctimonious player". I believe any fan that actually was watching baseball when "the Hit King" played would agree he deserves to be in the HOF.

There was no proof that Joe threw the game or series, his stats in the series bear that out. That said I think both shoud be in the Hall. Rose should be in as a player...period. He did nothing as a player to validate keeping him out. Has Pete handled everything the way we would have wanted....no.

Forever the talking heads all said if he would just admit it and apologize, all would be forgiven. Well he did both and the press then shot back, that they didn't think he really meant it. I don't think anyone can make a valid argument to keep him out, unless you are a member of the "holier than thou press" or a "sanctimonious player". I believe any fan that actually was watching baseball when "the Hit King" played would agree he deserves to be in the HOF.

I agree I think he should be in too! A lifetime ban is to much of a punishment if you ask me. Yeah he did something that was against the rules, and he should have been punished. But now after being banned from baseball for about 20 years now, and not knowing if you ever would get the chance to be in the hall of fame, is punishment enough for him. Now I dont think he should ever be allowed to be a manager of anything to that exent ever again, but he should be in the hall of fame...