Coaching Changes in the 10th Region

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well did you inside sources say anything else about open jobs?

Heard that Coach Bretz who was looking to get out of coaching last year is going to try that route again.

Heard that Nicholas has a very good candidate in mind. One of a few good 10th region assistants who deserve a chance.

Riley at Campbell County, Collins at Pendleton County, Kelsch at Bracken County, Kinney at Harrison County are all good young assistants who would make a wonderful leader of a program for some school.

Have also heard the rumors of Augusta,Deming and St. Patrick will all be looking for head coaches before the beginning of next season. Would really like to see Elaine Douglas(think that is her name) get into high school coaching. Tons of good coaches out there for girls and boys, but you have to be a teacher and that knocks out lots of good quality candidates. Unfortunately there are lots of teachers that have no business coaching middle school or other wise.

Have also heard the rumors of Augusta,Deming and St. Patrick will all be looking for head coaches before the beginning of next season. Would really like to see Elaine Douglas(think that is her name) get into high school coaching. Tons of good coaches out there for girls and boys, but you have to be a teacher and that knocks out lots of good quality candidates. Unfortunately there are lots of teachers that have no business coaching middle school or other wise.

No longer do you have to be a teacher per state legislature. KHSAA had that rule and the state legislature got involved and changed it.

The thought process was that more oversight on a teacher. You do something wrong, you don't just lose your coaching job and $2,000 salary. You lose your teaching job and possibly your teaching certification also. That is a motivation to keep you in line.

Also, communication is much easier when the coach is in the building all day long.

As well as, it is easier for the coach to oversee the off-the-court activities when they are in the building and see their players acting like butts in the hallways.

QUOTE]Riley at Campbell County, Collins at Pendleton County, Kelsch at Bracken County, Kinney at Harrison County are all good young assistants who would make a wonderful leader of a program for some school.[

Are any of these 4 rumored to be making a move?

I am surprised at the mention of St. Pat and Deming coming open.

Still early in the year to see this many openings talked about.

Are any of these 4 rumored to be making a move?

I am surprised at the mention of St. Pat and (Deming coming open.)

Still early in the year to see this many openings talked about.

I don't think Coach Doyle from Deming is going anywhere this season, Me and URIT talked(PM'D) each other on this rumor and all indications is he isn't leaving. Unless as always this is something that's on the QT.

Heard that Coach Bretz who was looking to get out of coaching last year is going to try that route again.

Heard that Nicholas has a very good candidate in mind. One of a few good 10th region assistants who deserve a chance.

Riley at Campbell County, Collins at Pendleton County, Kelsch at Bracken County, Kinney at Harrison County are all good young assistants who would make a wonderful leader of a program for some school.

I will say this has been going around Augusta for some time now. I have not heard anything said for sure.