Coaching Changes in the 10th Region

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The departure of Mac Whittaker has been speculated for years, however I do think there is some merit to this story. Maybe not this season, but very soon. That's the word I heard was going around among some school officials! It could all STILL be pure speculation!

I have to admit the Coach Whitaker is a very good coach! No matter the talent level he has he always seems to make them winners. This year is a good example of that. They had some good players, but were down from years past and still takes them far into the regional tournament.. .Very nice coach!

About the Montgomery Co. job. Speculation has been ruled out. Coach High is going to retire from a wonderful 700+ win career. Hope he is in the Hall of Fame as quickly as he can get there. As far as the coaching job goes, it has to be one of the more sought after jobs in the state. 5 times in ten years going to the tourney, thats impressive.

I have to admit the Coach Whitaker is a very good coach! No matter the talent level he has he always seems to make them winners. This year is a good example of that. They had some good players, but were down from years past and still takes them far into the regional tournament.. .Very nice coach!

;) Coach Whittaker is a perfectionist in every sense of the word and I love that he demands the same from his kids. He has made successful people even better at Harrison over the years.

I think testament to this is that for about 20 years Harrison County despite good talent NEVER made it to the state tournament. Their ONLY two appearances is with Mac Whitaker as coach.