Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Trophy Design

Featured Replies

I am not disputing anything your saying and you may be in a position to know more about it than I do, but in my personal opinion I would rather have some "cheesy" hardware than some "cheesy" stickers any day.

I always like to see those dusty wooden cutouts of our state in cases across the state.

I don't like the new ones ither. I loved the old ones shaped like the state. But would gladly take any region trophy.

I noticed at the 54th district tournament that the trophies look very cheap. Funny thing is that the individual trophies that the kids received were as tall as the championship trophies. In all honesty, I believe at decent woodshop class could come up with something as nice.

Would take any of them but I like the old ones better.

I'm trying to get a picture of the 7th district trophy up.

I noticed at the 54th district tournament that the trophies look very cheap. Funny thing is that the individual trophies that the kids received were as tall as the championship trophies. In all honesty, I believe at decent woodshop class could come up with something as nice.

 

I don't even think it would have to be a decent woodshop class. All the new ones are is 4 small pieces of wood glued together. I would trust the woodshop class to come up with something better than what the KHSAA came up with.

This discussion already came up during football season when people first took serious notice of how much different (and smaller) the trophies are. At the regional level, these are the same size they gave out for football, soccer, volleyball and everything else so far this school year. District trophies are the same design but a bit smaller. Here's a link to two photos from the Louisville regionals, which I won't post directly due to copyright restrictions. They should give you some idea of the size.

 

bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=B2&Dato=20070310&Kategori=SPORTS05&Lopenr=703100812&Ref=PH&Item=2&MaxW=455

bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=B2&Dato=20070310&Kategori=SPORTS05&Lopenr=703100808&Ref=PH&Item=2&MaxH=400

Two words....lowest bidder.

These trophies look very cheap IMO.

I AGREE!

Looked like something you would give out in a grade school tournament>

Very suckie, non-descript, unimaginative, generic, artless, statementless, appalling, non-representative, tokens of accomplishment.

 

With that said I hope that we accumulate a trophy case full of them.

 

If space was the major concern, I guess that nobody thought of slanting the old ones, after which they stored quite compactly.

New trophies are not very nice.........small and very plain.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.