Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Trophy Design

Featured Replies

What's everyone's take on the new design of the district and region trophies? I really liked the old ones that had the outline of the state of Kentucky. What's everyone think?

What's everyone's take on the new design of the district and region trophies? I really liked the old ones that had the outline of the state of Kentucky. What's everyone think?

 

Haha I'd take any region trophy any day.:ylsuper:

Could someone post a picture of the new trophy please?

I have yet to see it...

Sunrise, do you have a pic of the trophy presented yesterday?

  • Author

I don't blame you at all. Anything could say Region Champs and I would take it. I just thought the outline was neat. By the way Congratulations on the win!

I agree with GRC I'll take it any way you want to give it. On the other hand I think the new design really loods CHEAP. Just my opinion, I've held both the district and the regional trophy this season from the Montgomery Co. girls titles and I was pretty disappointed in the trophy itself. The district trophy they recieved was already falling apart. I definatley like the old design the best and they were unique with the outline, no mistaken where it is coming from!!!!

Could someone post a picture of the new trophy please?

I have yet to see it...

Sunrise, do you have a pic of the trophy presented yesterday?

 

Great pictures in the Winchester Sun today...but they are not online. I am trying to get some pictures posted...just taking awhile.

I don't like the new trophies. They just arent the same as the old Kentucky shaped ones, I love those!

  • Author
Could someone post a picture of the new trophy please?

I have yet to see it...

Sunrise, do you have a pic of the trophy presented yesterday?

 

You mean your brother didn't let you see his district trophy?:lol:

I like the new trophies ... I just wish each sport would have the same type of state championship trophy (size wise).

I believe the Kentucky State Championship Trophy speaks for itself. This is the grandest (if that is a word) trophy for the grandest tourny in the state. It is every team for themselves. No Classes to hide in. The cream rises to the top in Kentucky Hoops and I believe that basketball deserves that MONSTEROUS state championship trophy.

I do agree with you, but I would like to see all the other team sports have really nice state championship trophies. North Laurel's fastpitch state trophy is just an enlarged district and region trophy with a gold base or something like that.

Two words....lowest bidder.

These trophies look very cheap IMO.

  • Author
I believe the Kentucky State Championship Trophy speaks for itself. This is the grandest (if that is a word) trophy for the grandest tourny in the state. It is every team for themselves. No Classes to hide in. The cream rises to the top in Kentucky Hoops and I believe that basketball deserves that MONSTEROUS state championship trophy.

 

 

I agree with you. The State Trophy is very special and well designed! Has a very classy look.

I dont like the new Trophy's either. This looks like a great question to poll. Im sure money is behind( or not behind) the new trophy's. Basketball has a big time sponsor which accounts for the massive trophy the boys receive.

I dont like the new Trophy's either. This looks like a great question to poll. Im sure money is behind( or not behind) the new trophy's. Basketball has a big time sponsor which accounts for the massive trophy the boys receive.

From what I have heard, it had nothing to do with money. Take a look at your trophy cases. THe last few years, the trophy looked like Virginia,not Kentucky. The state (or they told us at the rules clinics) expanded to four places (including medals) in all sports, so I am sure there had to be some offset somewhere. Besides, I concur with what most posters say, the shape of the hardware doesn't matter. Not a single school who gets one duplicates it for the kids that won it. So in a few years, it just gathers dusts while memories grow in our minds about the title we won, not the hardware we left behind in a trophy case.

For my money, take a closer look at the old ones. That cheesy elevated hardware looked terrible, and then the last few years, I didn't get one shipped to me that wasn't broken with all those plastic figures.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.