Gallatin Co./Simon Kenton Predictions

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the boys of GC will pull this one off. It will be close, and yes SK does have more talent, but talent isn't everything. I am pretty sure that there have been games that have been won by the less talented team because they played with more heart. I dont know of any other team that plays with more heart out there on the floor then the boys of GC. I will be there and pulling for them. Good luck boys!!

This game will provide some history. No doubt. What I mean is that this game will be the third time in 3 weeks that the #1 team in the 8th Region standings has taken on the #2 team in the standings.

#1 was Owen County

#2 was Shelby County

#3 is Simon Kenton

This game is also the 16th tournament game this year for the Wildcats. 16th. They only played 16 regular non-tournament games this year. They have won 14 out of 15 tournament games with the lone loss to the eventual All "A" Classic Tournament Champion, Bishop Brossart. That loss was by 1 point. No other team in that tournament got closer.

If there is another game that means more to anyone this year, I'd like to know. As I posted in the game summary from Thursday night, these boys have put their heart on their sleeve and have come out firing. Support these young men. This team will make the future Gallatin County Athletics Hall of Fame one day. Take off work early and come to New Castle, get a good seat and watch this spectacular game. The first game, Anderson Co./Oldham Co. will be a good game to see as well. The winners play Tuesday for the 8th Region Championship.

We wouldn't miss this one for the world. It WILL be one for the books and one that will be talked about for some time. Come and see the show!!!!

Good post Buttels. The only draw back that I see is that it is almost a joke to call this a tournament. Play on Wednesday and Thursday then wait until Monday and Tuesday to finish. Tournaments are about playing on consecutive days (or nights) not taking a 3 or 4 day break between games. Started to blame it on the KHSAA but the 10 region is also under their jurisdiction.

Good post Buttels. The only draw back that I see is that it is almost a joke to call this a tournament. Play on Wednesday and Thursday then wait until Monday and Tuesday to finish. Tournaments are about playing on consecutive days (or nights) not taking a 3 or 4 day break between games. Started to blame it on the KHSAA but the 10 region is also under their jurisdiction.

Title IX

It's been that way for over 20 years.

This game will provide some history. No doubt. What I mean is that this game will be the third time in 3 weeks that the #1 team in the 8th Region standings has taken on the #2 team in the standings.

#1 was Owen County

#2 was Shelby County

#3 is Simon Kenton

This game is also the 16th tournament game this year for the Wildcats. 16th. They only played 16 regular non-tournament games this year. They have won 14 out of 15 tournament games with the lone loss to the eventual All "A" Classic Tournament Champion, Bishop Brossart. That loss was by 1 point. No other team in that tournament got closer.

If there is another game that means more to anyone this year, I'd like to know. As I posted in the game summary from Thursday night, these boys have put their heart on their sleeve and have come out firing. Support these young men. This team will make the future Gallatin County Athletics Hall of Fame one day. Take off work early and come to New Castle, get a good seat and watch this spectacular game. The first game, Anderson Co./Oldham Co. will be a good game to see as well. The winners play Tuesday for the 8th Region Championship.

We wouldn't miss this one for the world. It WILL be one for the books and one that will be talked about for some time. Come and see the show!!!!

I have no clue what the first part of the post means. SK is 10-1 against the eighth this year, I can't imagine Owen ever had a higher percentage than that???

As for the rest, a bit overstated I'd say. I'll take Simon by closer to 20 than 10. If it's less than five, I'll be shocked.

I think the key to this game starts with the tip, the longer GC can stay close the tougher they will be to bury. SK is the favorite, I think if all things go right they win by 8-10 but this Gallatin squad is battle tested, they'll be ready, it's the biggest game in the history for GC, will SK be ready is the question, the talent says SK but we all know this game won't be played on paper but on a piece of hardwood 84 feet by 50 feet, SK needs to be ready for the emotion GC has to display.

SK 66

GC 59

I have no clue what the first part of the post means. SK is 10-1 against the eighth this year, I can't imagine Owen ever had a higher percentage than that???

As for the rest, a bit overstated I'd say. I'll take Simon by closer to 20 than 10. If it's less than five, I'll be shocked.

If you knew anything about the 8th Region, you would know I meant the standings in the region, total wins and losses. If you feel the need to knock these posts, I'm sure there is something else you can do with your time. Especially at 2:00am.

It's obvious to me that you know nothing about this program. Stick to what you do know about. We would all be better off.

Buttrels...Is Gallatins regional record the #1 in the 8th? SK as well as Oldham both have better regional records for this year... not to mention head to head vs Gallatin (SK) didn't play them....Not sure where you were going with this record thing....

Best records overall in the region. Gallatin 25-6 Simon 23-8

Buttrels...Is Gallatins regional record the #1 in the 8th? SK as well as Oldham both have better regional records for this year... not to mention head to head vs Gallatin (SK) didn't play them....Not sure where you were going with this record thing....

It's Buttels, not Buttrels...to clear up any "confusion" (if you want to call it that), log on to KHSAA and pick any team in the 8th region. At the bottom, you will see the breakdown according to overall record, region record, and district record. Buttels is refering to overall record. If you are looking at just the regional records, that can be misleading as some teams play only a small percentage of their games in the region and others play a larger number of regional games.

It's Buttels, not Buttrels...to clear up any "confusion" (if you want to call it that), log on to KHSAA and pick any team in the 8th region. At the bottom, you will see the breakdown according to overall record, region record, and district record. Buttels is refering to overall record. If you are looking at just the regional records, that can be misleading as some teams play only a small percentage of their games in the region and others play a larger number of regional games.

Thank you for clarifying what I guess I can't get across.